Sports | Golf

WEEKEND RECAP: Women’s Golf, Softball, Lacrosse, Heavyweight Rowing, Track & Field

• Walking Off with the Win | Women’s golf posted a collection of impressive individual performances at the Ivy League Championship.

Women's Golf—Catie Pellerin / Spectator Staff Writer

Columbia’s women’s golf team placed third in the Ivy League Championships, posting a middling performance in the first two rounds but recovering in the third.

The team shot 313 in the third round to move up two places from the end of the second round... (Read more)

SoftballDiego Rosette/Spectator Staff Writer

On a weekend when the Lions needed four wins to steal the Ivy League South Division crown, the Light Blue only managed to squeeze out one in its four-game series against Penn.

The Quakers (18-19, 13-6 Ivy) were dominant both on the mound and at the plate, and their offensive output proved to be too much for Columbia (22-22, 9-11 Ivy) to handle... (Read more)

LacrosseBen Drachman / Spectator Staff Writer

Despite a storm delay, Columbia lacrosse held off Manhattan for a dramatic 8-7 Senior Night win on Saturday.

Before the final game of their careers, senior co-captains Ashley Rinere and Paige Cuscovitch were honored for their contributions to the Light Blue program... (Read more)

Heavyweight RowingMadeleine Steinberg/Spectator Staff Writer

In a varsity eight race reminiscent of last week’s close loss to Yale, the men’s heavyweight rowing team fell just short against Boston University in its quest for the Doc Lusins Trophy. Boston University swept all its races against Columbia and Syracuse and has now won five of the past six Lusins Cups... (Read more)

Track and FieldCharlotte Murtishaw / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Three days, three records: Despite it being the first major meet of the season, the Columbia track and field teams made the most of this weekend’s Penn Relays, posting a number of program marks despite windy conditions... (Read more)

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports