The women's golf team took the title at the Roar-EE Invitational for the first time in the invite's history.

Although the Columbia women's golf team has been no stranger to taking home top honors in its spring season tournaments—having won the Monterey Bay and Seton Hall Pirate Invitationals in its last two outings—the Light Blue victory at the Roar-EE Invitational was the squad's first in its history of hosting this tournament. 

Playing at the Knickerbocker Country Club in Tenafly, N.J., was another first for the Lions, but it did not break their streak of individual successes at the tournament. For the second year in a row, sophomore Monique Ishikawa took home individual medalist honors. Her two-round score of 147 secured her four-shot lead over the runner-up, Penn's Marissa Kay. Columbia senior Michelle Piyapattra, first-year Camilla Vik, and first-year Jackie Chulya all tied for fifth with scores of 155. Rounding out the Columbia Blue team was first-year Rachel Shi, who placed eighth with a score of 157. The Columbia Blue shot 610 to lead the tournament, followed by Penn, a second Columbia team, University of Hartford, and Quinnipiac.

This invitational was the Light Blue's final regular season match. It will turn its sights to the Ivy League Championships hosted at the Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J., beginning Friday. | @CUSpecSports

women's golf