Sports | Tennis

WEEKEND RECAP: Women’s tennis, rowing, softball, track and field, men’s golf, women’s golf, lacrosse

• Youjin Jenny Jang / Senior Staff Photographer
    one and done | First-year Tina Jiang was the only player to pick up a singles win for women’s tennis over the weekend.

Women’s tennis—Myles Simmons / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Though No. 37 women's tennis looked strong in two wins over Princeton and Yale en route to an ECAC championship in February, the same cannot be said for April. After dropping a match to the Bulldogs last week, Lions lost handily to the Tigers on Sunday to end the quest for defending their 2013 Ivy title...(Read more)

Rowing—Madeleine Steinberg / Spectator Staff Writer

Columbia’s three rowing teams completed a weekend of rowing with competitions spanning both Saturday and Sunday.

On its home course at Overpeck Park in New Jersey, the No. 2 men’s lightweight team came just short of defeating No. 1 Cornell in the Geiger Cup. While the Big Red captured the first and third varsity eight, the Lions dominated...(Read more)

Softball—Diego Rosette / Spectator Staff Writer

Despite sluggish play as of late, the Lions (21-19, 8-8 Ivy) were able to keep their divisional hopes alive after a successful four-game series against the Cornell Big Red (15-23, 6-8 Ivy). In game 1 on Saturday, the Lions built an early lead, only to see their offense dry up and Cornell...(Read more)

Track and Field—Finn Vigeland / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The Light Blue track and field team split up this weekend, spreading its talents far and wide in the calculated race to Ivies.

In New Haven, Conn., at the first annual Mark Young Invitational, senior Duncan Dickerson won the men’s hammer throw...(Read more)

Men’s Golf—Daniel Radov / Spectator Staff Writer

In an abbreviated Wolfpack Spring Open, the men’s golf team stumbled to a 13th place finish. 

Its issues began in the opening round with its worst collective performance in an otherwise strong spring season...(Read more)

Women’s Golf—Catie Pellerin / Spectator Staff Writer

Although the Columbia women’s golf team has been no stranger to taking home top honors in its spring season tournaments—having won the Monterey Bay and Seton Hall Pirate Invitationals in its last two outings...(Read more)

Lacrosse—Ben Drachman / Spectator Staff Writer

The Lions (3-9, 0-6 Ivy) took on the leading Ivy goal-scorer Marisa Romeo and the Harvard Crimson (9-5, 4-2 Ivy) on Saturday and fell, 12-10, for their fourth loss in a row. The hard fought game featured a number of momentum swings...(Read more

sports@columbiaspectator.com@CUSpecSports