Sports | Golf

Men’s golf finishes 13th at Wolfpack Spring Open

• Blown Away | Senior Andrew Kim tied for the 40th spot after shooting a 77 despite the windy conditions of this weekend’s Wolfpack Spring Open.

In an abbreviated Wolfpack Spring Open, the men’s golf team stumbled to a 13th place finish. 

Its issues began in the opening round with its worst collective performance in an otherwise strong spring season. Columbia’s four-person aggregate round of 318 was seven shots worse than any other round this season. 

While the Lions bounced back from their previous worst to win the Wildcat Invitational, that was not the case on Sunday. After rain canceled all of play on Saturday, the event became an 18-hole sprint on Sunday amid howling winds and wet conditions.

No one on the Lions finished in the top 20 individually or carded better than the 4-over 76 shot by first-year Christopher Chu. Standouts junior Brandon Jowers and sophomore Harrison Shih each shot double digits over par, finishing with rounds of 86 and 82, respectively.

If there is any silver lining for the Light Blue, it’s that Princeton finished last in the 15-team field. The Tigers carded a collective 321. Both teams will compete at the Ivy Championship at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J., beginning on Friday.

sports@columbiaspectator.com@dmradov