Sports | Lacrosse

Crimson slips past Light Blue lacrosse, 12-10

• Youjin Jenny Jang / Senior Staff Photographer
    Quinn-tessential Contribution | First-year midfielder Taylor Quinn scored five goals in Columbia’s loss to Harvard.

The Lions (3-9, 0-6 Ivy) took on the leading Ivy goal-scorer Marisa Romeo and the Harvard Crimson (9-5, 4-2 Ivy) on Saturday and fell, 12-10, for their fourth loss in a row. The hard fought game featured a number of momentum swings and was tied on four separate occasions. Light Blue sophomore attacker Kate Murphy struck first, but Columbia’s 1-0 advantage didn’t last long—Harvard attacker Megan Hennessey scored unassisted one minute later. After the Crimson scored on a free position shot, the Lions tallied twice to take the lead, but Romeo, a midfielder, scored two minutes later, kicking off a 4-2 Crimson run to end the half up 6-5. After first-year Taylor Quinn’s fourth goal of the day with 13 minutes remaining in the half, the Light Blue still stood on the wrong side of an 8-7 edge.  Harvard went on to knock off three straight, a lead that would ultimately prove insurmountable. The 12-10 final score was the closest the Light Blue has come to an Ivy victory this season, but the Lions are still searching for their first Ivy since 2011. Their last chance this season comes Wednesday at Penn.

sports@columbiaspectator.com@CUSpecSports