Sports | Track

WEEKEND RECAP: Track, Men’s golf, Rowing, Lacrosse, Softball

• caught looking | It was a tough weekend for junior second baseman Kayla Shimoda and the softball team, which dropped three of four to Princeton.

Track and Field—Finn Vigeland / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The women’s track and field team once again proved itself to be a well-rounded squad, winning the George Mason Invitational Saturday.

“It means we’re making the right steps. If you can go win one of those things, we can be a player at Ivy Leagues,” assistant coach Will Boylan-Pett, CC ’05, said...(Read more)

Men’s golf—Daniel Radov / Spectator Staff Writer

Men’s golf failed to follow up its triumph at the Wildcat Invitational two weeks ago with a win at this weekend’s Princeton Invitational. In an Ivy League-dominated field—eight of the 15 teams hailed from the Ancient Eight—the Light Blue finished a distant fourth...(Read more)

Rowing—Madeleine Steinberg / Spectator Staff Writer

All three of Columbia’s rowing teams were in action this weekend and posted mixed results.

The women’s rowing team earned a victory at the Woodbury Cup, held in honor of deceased 1996 Columbia rowing captain Melanie Woodbury, BC ’96. The Lions posted solid wins in the first and second varsity eight races against Northeastern...(Read more)

Lacrosse—Ben Drachman / Spectator Staff Writer

The lacrosse team squared off with Yale on Saturday and fell, 9-6. In the first half, the Bulldogs (8-5, 2-3 Ivy) shelled Columbia (3-7, 0-5 Ivy) with 10 shots, five of which slipped by sophomore goalie Colleen Packer to give the Elis an early lead. The Light Blue managed only one score in the first half, which came on first-year midfielder Taylor Quinn’s free-position shot...(Read more)

Softball—Diego Rosette / Spectator Staff Writer

The softball team was back in action this weekend as it hosted the visiting Princeton Tigers at Columbia Softball Field. The opposing squads faced each other in a pair of doubleheaders over the course of two days as Princeton (14-19, 6-4 Ivy) took three of the four games...(Read more)

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports