Sports | Golf

Men’s golf finishes fourth in Princeton Invitational

• Fore-th Place | Sophomore Harrison Shih, who tied for 17th individually, led the Lions to their fourth-place finish at the Princeton Invitational.

Men’s golf failed to follow up its triumph at the Wildcat Invitational two weeks ago with a win at this weekend’s Princeton Invitational. In an Ivy League-dominated field—eight of the 15 teams hailed from the Ancient Eight—the Light Blue finished a distant fourth.

Yale entered the tournament as the four-time defending champion, but the Bulldogs finished behind first-place Harvard, which finished with a 54-hole score of 832.

The Lions posted a three-round score of 864. Columbia shot 287, 289, and 288 in the three rounds, respectively.

The trio of sophomore Harrison Shih, senior Andrew Kim, and junior Brandon Jowers all finished in the top 25. Shih had the best tournament of the three, tying for 17th with a three-round score of 215. His best round came during the 36-hole marathon on Saturday, as Shih carded a three-under 68 on his second 18 holes of the day. Kim shot 217 over the weekend, and Jowers shot 218.

The final regular season event before Ivy Championships will take place next weekend. The Light Blue will travel to Raleigh, N.C., to participate in the Wolfpack Spring Open. 

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports