Sports | Track

WEEKEND PREVIEW: Softball, Men’s Golf, Rowing, Track and Field, Lacrosse, Sailing

• happy harry | Sophomore Harrison Shih and the men’s golf team earned their first tournament win in years two weeks ago.

Sailing—Ben Sheng / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Before the sailing club hired Will Brown as its head coach in 2010, the club had had a string of five head coaches in five years. Four years later, the club finds itself much improved, heading into this weekend’s North Spring Qualifier at Cornell with hopes for a top-five finish and qualification for the America Trophy regatta in two weeks...(Read more)

Rowing—Madeleine Steinberg / Spectator Staff Writer

The hectic spring rowing season continues this Saturday, as Columbia’s three rowing teams travel to races around the Northeast...(Read more)

Men’s Golf—Daniel Radov / Spectator Staff Writer

Men’s golf will look to continue its winning ways this weekend. Earlier this month at the Wildcat Invitational, the Light Blue captured its first tournament victory since 2010, as sophomore Harrison Shih and junior Brandon Jowers each posted top-five finishes...(Read more)

Track and Field—Finn Vigeland / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The middle-distance runners will be the focus this weekend for the track and field team, as the Lions head to George Mason University for their second meet of the outdoor season...(Read more)

Softball—Diego Rosette / Spectator Staff Writer

The softball team (15-15, 4-4 Ivy) will continue its homestand this weekend as the Lions host visiting Princeton (11-18, 3-3) at Columbia Softball Field. The squad is coming off a disappointing split against Stony Brook this past Tuesday in which the team had trouble putting runs on the board...(Read more)

Lacrosse—Ben Drachman / Spectator Staff Writer

The Lions (3-6, 0-4 Ivy) will travel to New Haven, Conn., on Saturday to face Yale (7-5, 1-3 Ivy) as the season enters its home stretch...(Read more)

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports