Sports | Rowing

WEEKEND PREVIEW: Rowing, Softball, Women’s Golf, Track and Field, Archery

• dan the man | Junior Dan Everett is part of a track team contingent heading to California this weekend.

Women’s golf—Catie Pellerin / Spectator Staff Writer

Coming off a dominant performance at the Monterey Bay Invitational, the women’s golf team will travel to Bedminster, N.J., to compete in the Seton Hall Pirate Invitational...(Read more)

Rowing—Madeleine Steinberg / Spectator Staff Writer

All three of Columbia’s rowing teams will be in action this weekend, as the men’s lightweight team competes for the first time this spring.

While the men’s heavyweight and women’s teams have already started spring racing, the men’s lightweight team will race for the first time since October at this Saturday’s WIT Cup. The lightweights are taking on Navy, which competed against Yale last weekend and lost three out of four races to the Bulldogs...(Read more)

Archery—Kelly Reller / Spectator Staff Writer

The Light Blue archery squad will be greeted by even bluer skies in Harrisonburg, Va., this weekend at the Adam Wheatcroft Memorial Tournament. This competition marks the first of the team’s four outdoor tournaments this season. Though originally scheduled to shoot outdoors at UConn last weekend, Columbia opted to have one more week of preparation before heading to Virginia...(Read more)

SoftballDiego Rosette / Spectator Staff Writer

After an extended homestand, the Lions (14-10, 4-0 Ivy) are back on the road this weekend as they travel to New Hampshire and Massachusetts to take on Dartmouth (14-13, 4-0 Ivy) and Harvard (13-11, 0-0 Ivy). The Light Blue will look to bounce back from its first loss in 11 games as it heads into the season’s second weekend of conference play...(Read more)

Track and FieldFinn Vigeland / Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The weather on Thursday may have been nice enough for lunch on Low Steps, but for a real taste of spring, just take a look at the track and field team’s itinerary for the next six weeks.

The outdoor season begins Friday, as six distance runners compete at the Stanford Invitational, and the rest of the team will bus down to Princeton, N.J.—by far the least tropical destination of the next few weeks...(Read more)

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports