Kiera Wood / Senior Staff Photographer

First-year forward Luke Petrasek led the Lions with 10 points in the first half.

The men's basketball team's Ivy title chances—already slim with a strong Harvard team still undefeated—are now even slimmer. After falling to Yale Friday night, the Light Blue (13-8, 2-2 Ivy) dropped a tight 64-56 decision to Brown (11-7, 3-1 Ivy).

The Lions and Bears were neck and neck for the first half. The Lions rushed some long shots early in the half, but still didn't have much success later in the half after settling down—clean looks around the net were tough to come by with Brown forward and reigning Ivy Defensive Player of the Year Cedric Kuakumensah roaming the paint. The Lions trailed 28-26 at the half.

The Light Blue had more success to open the second half. Sophomore guard Maodo Lo and junior forward Alex Rosenberg each knocked down threes to put Columbia in front by two early on. But an and-one by Brown center Rafael Maia with just over six minutes left put the Bears up by 3, 52-49.

Down by three, Columbia had a chance to tie with a little over 30 seconds left, but Lo missed a long three-point attempt. Brown was able to rebound and break Columbia's press, and a dunk by Kuakumensah put the hosts up by five and all but sealed the game.

The Lions play at Penn and Princeton next weekend.

Check back for updates. | @muneebalamcu

Men's Basketball