Sports | Tennis

WEEKEND PREVIEW: Track and Field, Wrestling, Tennis, Swimming and Diving, Women's Basketball

• Back in the swing of things | Men's tennis is one of 11 varsity teams in action this weekend.

The first weekend of second semester showcases a number of Columbia teams competing on the road, highlighted by women's basketball at Cornell and the swimming and diving teams at Brown. 

Track and Field—Finn Vigeland

If you’re looking to follow a team that has a legitimate shot at winning Columbia an Ivy title this year, you might be best off taking the 1 train to Washington Heights Friday afternoon... (Read more)

Women's Basketball—Catie Pellerin

With a victory over Cornell this weekend (8-7, 0-1 Ivy), the Lions (4-11, 1-0 Ivy) can secure back-to-back wins to open Ivy League play. To prepare for the rematch, the Light Blue will need to bring the same offensive attack in Ithaca as it did at Levien on Saturday... (Read more)

Swimming and Diving—Phil Godzin

The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams head to Brown on Saturday to build on their impressive homecoming wins over Cornell... (Read more)

Wrestling—Muneeb Alam

The wrestling team (5-3, 2-2 EIWA) wil be searching for its fifth straight win Friday when it hosts Bucknell (5-7, 2-1 EIWA) Friday... (Read more

Men's Tennis—Kyle Perrotti

After a dominant showing at home against Marist and Monmouth Monday, the No. 43 men’s tennis team is heading south to Georgia for the ITA Kick-Off Classic... (Read more)

Women's Tennis—Myles Simmons

After a two-month break, Columbia's No. 57 women's tennis team is back in action on Friday for the ITA Kick-Off Weekend. The Light Blue is one of four teams competing in Durham, N.C. for the opportunity to go to the ITA National Indoor Championships in February... (Read more)

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports