Kiera Wood / Senior Staff Photographer

Junior forward Alex Rosenberg has scored at least 20 points in each of Columbia's last three games.

Riding a three-game win streak, the men's basketball team (10-6) will host Central Penn (8-6) this Saturday in its final game before conference play begins next week.

Columbia's most recent victory came on Jan. 8 versus Stony Brook. Columbia was able to pull out a hard-fought 68-63 win, as sophomore guard Maodo Lo scored a career-high 29 points. Junior forward Alex Rosenberg continued his hot streak, scoring 24 points in his third-straight 20-point performance.

Junior co-captain Steve Frankoski should also be in action. He returned to play for the first time this season against Stony Brook after sitting out the first 15 games of the season as he recovered from a wrist injury. Frankoski averaged 8.9 points per game last season and boasted an impressive 45.5 three-point percentage.

The Lions have been strong on three-point shooting this season, shooting .410 from beyond the arc. They lead the Ivy League and are 17th in the nation in the category. The Lions are also ranked 17th in the nation in scoring defense, holding their opponents to an average of 60.9 points per game.

The Lions are facing Central Penn, a Division II team. This will be the first encounter between the two schools. Central Penn has faced and lost to three Division I teams this season, giving up over 100 points in each of those contests.

The game will take place at Levien Gymnasium on Saturday at 4 p.m.

sports@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Men's Basketball basketball