@panopticvisionz / via Instagram

In the hopes of cheering us all up this finals season, we asked you to submit your holiday dorm decor. The incentive? The chance to win some Muji madness.

Hopefully this contest distracted you from your dreaded finals, at least for a little bit. (Anything that acts as a procrastination device is always helpful, tbh.) And congrats to whoever ended up winning the grand prize this week! Read on to find out if it was you.

YHOzVGq5gcqS4.gif

Fifth Place: Tamsin Ramjit, BC ’19

Even the Lego people are cooler than me. Also, there’s no better way to connect with childhood toys than through Christmas, tbh.

@ruthmaryramjit / via Snapchat

Fourth Place: Demme Durrett, BC ’19

Damn, you actually bought a wreath! Now that’s commitment. It has pinecones and everything. I’m impressed, so fourth place for you, Demme Durrett. You go, Demme Durrett!

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 11.42.51 PM.png
@demmed / via Snapchat

Third Place: Ana Muñoz, CC ’20

Wait, your door is actually really pretty—I can’t believe your roommate painted that themselves. You even have a cute little tree to top off the ambiance, complete with the perfect holiday pun! You definitely know how to win a Spectrumite’s heart. :’)

@anacammunoz / via Snapchat

Second Place: Annie Wensley, BC ’20

This should’ve been featured on the actual TV show, tbh. The green and red color scheme with the brown wood, the contrasting holiday patterns, and the perfect aesthetic arrangement? I wish I wasn’t lazy and could do this to my own door.

@lionkittenannie / via Snapchat

First Place: Lakshmi Sanmuganathan, BC ’20

Congratulations, Lakshmi! You’re the winner of the Muji gift package! The eyes on the wall are staring into my soul, which is partly the reason why I chose you as the winner. That gaze is controlling my mind. Plus, your shelf is filled with a ton of knickknacks that I can’t get enough of. Cute santa bears, a tiny little tree figure? You’ve got the holidays perfected.

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 11.44.34 PM.png
@lakshmis / via Snapchat

Thanks to everyone who submitted, and congratulations to our winners! I wish I had this much holiday spirit, but, alas, finals have deprived me of my creativity and patience.

Spectrum holds a bunch of contests. Some give Muji, some give fame and glory. Why not join in on the fun? Be sure to check out the best wintry wardrobe and worst roommate stories.

Huber Gonzalez is a Columbia College sophomore and Spectrum’s deputy editor. He wishes he had enough holiday spirit to decorate his room too, but, alas, maybe next year. Reach him at huber.gonzalez@columbiaspectator.com to give him some encouragement.

contest snapchat