@helenakyuzizi / via Instagram

Bet you didn’t know the libraries did this!
View this email in your browser
@helenakyuzizi / via Instagram

Your 12/14 Wake Up Call

How shitty is your finals season? 

Today's top stories

Orgo Night relocated? The marching band was denied access to Butler for Orgo Night. What could this mean for the years-long tradition?

Students vs. Citibank: 20 students protested outside Citibank on 112th Street against the bank’s funding of DAPL. Protesters urged students to withdraw their accounts and move them to Lion Credit Union Initiative.

From the stands: We know CU has tons of sports teams, but how does the student body view the athletic department? A group of features discusses this question, focusing especially on how football’s fan culture has changed over the years.

Finals BINGO: Reflect on the horrors of finals season by marking down everything that went wrong this week in a BINGO game.

What you didn’t know you needed: Still trying to figure out how to fill the last 10 pages on your final essay? Have no fear, there are a bunch of library services that you probably don’t even know about to save you from failure.

Sexytimes at CU traditions: Try out these pickup lines perfect for every campus tradition. The breakfast line works every time…

Pro tip of the day

It’s the final countdown: On this first day of reading week, some of you will be studying, some will be catching up on sleep, and some will already be procrastinating. No matter though, because we’ve compiled finals resources for all kinds of people.

Community

Week in Snapchats: Nude TAs, celebrity sightings, and sleep-deprived Barnumbians––all in this week’s edition of Week in Snapchats.

Roommates gone wild: Think your roommate is bad? Barnumbians sent us their roommate horror stories for Muji merch. Check out the where the yogurt was left...

This week's contest: Break out the menorahs and homemade wreaths and Snapchat us your holiday dorm decor for a chance to win a Muji gift package.

Events and opportunities

Check out Spectrum's study break master calendar to find one that works for your schedule.

Studying: Finals Review Sessions Fall 2016
Dec. 13 - Dec. 16: Times and locations vary

Study Break: Doggy Study Break
7 - 8 p.m. in Wien Main Lounge 

Performance: Columbia-Juilliard Exchange: Winter 2016 Recital
6:30 - 8 p.m. in St. Paul’s Chapel

Panel: Panel on Intergenerational Trauma
5:45 - 8:30 p.m. at Barnard Center for Research on Women

Comedy: Pajama Party Paunch
8 - 9:30 p.m. at Alpha Delta Phi

Study Break: SucSEED with the McAc Wellness Committee

12:30 - 3:30 p.m. in the Diana Center Lower Level Lobby

Snapchat of the day

It's darker than the bags under our eyes too, tbh...

Get in the Wake Up Call
  • Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.
Subscribe to the Wake Up Call to get it in your inbox at 8 a.m. instead of on Facebook at 10 a.m.
newsletter wake up call