@elzmcaneny / via Instagram

Do you know the hours for all the libraries this finals season?
View this email in your browser
@k.w.price / via Instagram

Your 12/13 Wake Up Call

How productive do you plan on being this first day of reading week?

Today's top stories

Interim president, REVEALED: After DSpar announced her resignation in November, Barnard chose its interim president yesterday evening. Be prepared to welcome Rob Goldberg, Barnard’s Chief Operating Officer, in March.

Rewriting the record book: With early decision results out, Columbia reported that the number of early decision applicants increased by 16 percent, a stark contrast to last year’s increase of 4.4 percent.

Breaking down Butler: Not only do you have your pick of libraries, you also have to choose between all the rooms within them. Find the Butler study space that’s best for you, ranked by lighting, vibe, temperature, and crowd level.

Remember these stores? Plenty of you probably have Secret Santa exchanges to shop for. If you don’t have to time to leave MoHi, we have a fine selection of stores right here. You may have forgotten about them, but find the perfect present with our store and gift guide.

Seat snatchers: There’s actually a way you can perfectly time your day to ensure that you’ll always find a table in Butler. If you’re not clued in, here’s how you can do it.

Playing your way to winter break: There’s always time for some fun and games, even during reading days. Here’s a lil’ tool to help you relax and reflect on this past semester: Chutes and Ladders, finals week edition. Can you make it to winter break?

Pro tip of the day

It’s the final countdown: On this first day of reading week, some of you will be studying, some will be catching up on sleep, and some will already be procrastinating. No matter though, because we’ve compiled finals resources for all kinds of people.

Community

Week in Snapchats: Nude TAs, celebrity sightings, and sleep-deprived Barnumbians––all in this week’s edition of Week in Snapchats.

Roommates gone wild: Think your roommate is bad? Barnumbians sent us their roommate horror stories for Muji merch. Check out the where the yogurt was left...

This week's contest: Break out the menorahs and homemade wreaths and Snapchat us your holiday dorm decor for a chance to win a Muji gift package.

Events and opportunities

Check out Spectrum's study break master calendar to find one that works for your schedule.

Free Products: SGA Student Health Advisory Committee Study Break
Make free survival kits for finals with SGA
11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. in the Diana Center lobby

Study Break: Stressbusters in Butler
Featuring free back and neck rubs, as well as “stressbusting swag”
6 - 10 p.m. in Butler 203

Screening Party: Good Girls Revolt
6 p.m. at the Columbia Journalism School

Study Break + Free Food: Chanukah-Themed Study Break
7 - 8:30 p.m. at the Rohr Chabad House (113th and Riverside)

Application: CMTS spring 2017 proposals due
12 p.m. For application links, visit the Facebook event

Snapchat of the day

It’s only the first day of reading week and we already have procrastinators? Smh. (Jk, we’re doing the same thing.)

Get in the Wake Up Call
  • Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.
Stay updated even throughout finals. Subscribe to the Wake Up Call.
wuc newsletter