@natashah1111 / via Instagram

CCSC has got you on the tampon front.
View this email in your browser
@natashah1111 / via Instagram

Your 12/5 Wake Up Call

It's Undergrad Career Prep Week at CCE.

Today's top stories

Tampongate returns: CCSC voted to pay for and personally replace tampons in every bathroom in 10 buildings.

NYC’s hottest college guys: Turns out this dating app has data showing Columbia’s fine gentlemen are the most attractive out of other NYC schools. *eyebrow raise*

Finals BINGO: Prep for the horrors of finals season by preempting everything that could possibly go wrong… in a BINGO game.

V Show kicks off: Varsity Show’s creative team announced the 123rd production’s cast members early Sunday morning. Know any of these thespians?

Supporting unions: United Automobiles Workers members belonging to the UC schools defend the UAW’s advocacy work for international students.

PussyWeed’s back: Fashion brand PussyWeed creator and Barnard senior, Ava Kingsley, discusses how she was inspired to create her apparel brand.

Why we need unions: A union lawyer fires back at Provost John Coatsworth’s op-ed, passionately advocating for unions, despite internal conflicts between members.

SEAS faculty respond: 63 SEAS faculty have signed a letter against unionization

Running to victory: Men and women’s indoor track teams won several titles in their last race of the calendar year. :D

Squashing the competition: Men’s squash came back from a defeat at Trinity with a 9-0 win against George Washington.

An ex-con deals with race issues: Black Theatre Ensemble emphasized community and encouraged audience responses at its production of “King Hedley II.”

B’ball breakdown: With a quarter of the season behind us, how are our fave basketball boys doing? Your favorite basketball writers shoot out some observations.

Pro tip of the day

10 holiday events under $20: Give yourself a legit study break downtown without breaking the bank. It’s time you got a little festive, anyway.

Community

This week’s competition: Sell out your roommate or suitemates for Muji. Tbh your living situation has probably led to some outrageous stories by now. Spill the jelly beans by confessing your wildest room- or suitemate-related escapade.

Events and opportunities

Check out Spectrum's Study Break Master Calendar to find one that works for your schedule.

Workshop: CCE Undergraduate Career Prep Week’s LionShare Day
12:30 to 1 p.m. in the lower level CCE conference room

Discussion: The Implications of Rodrigo Duterte's Presidency
8 to 9 p.m. in Lerner 569

Discussion: Here/Say: Art + The Election
7 to 9 p.m. in Diana 402

Discussion: Community in Action: Our New Political Climate
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in IRC

Snapchat of the day

Yes, good job. I’m glad you spend more time looking productive than actually being productive.

Get in the Wake Up Call
  • Tag us on Instagram @CUspectrum to submit your Instas for header images.
  • Message us on Facebook with links to your events or opportunities.
  • Snapchat us @CUspectrum for Snapchats of the day.
Subscribe to the Wake Up Call to get it in your inbox at 8 a.m. instead of on Facebook at 10 a.m.
newsletter wuc wake up call
nextstory