Wake Up Call: First-years forced into four-person rooms, class not canceled for Convocation

• Kiera Wood / Senior Staff Photographer
    FOUR'S A CROWD | A high matriculation rate at Barnard this year caused study lounges on the third through eighth floors in Sulzberger to be converted back into four-person dorm rooms.

Unless you have the misfortune of a Friday class, the end of the first week is near. If you're still recovering from senior night, here's what you need to know for your Thursday.

On campus

Outside the bubble

Tweet of the Day

Around the Ivies

• “Confessions of an Ivy League Frat Boy: A Memoir” is exactly what it sounds like. Written by Andrew Lohse, a 2012 graduate of Dartmouth, and on sale since Tuesday, the book describes—in detail—the less-than-pristine activities of Dartmouth’s chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. So what's the take-away according to Lohse? “[Fraternities] are old, antiquated institutions,” he told The Dartmouth. “And I personally don’t see them as having a place in the 21st century, least of all at such a prestigious and amazing school.”
  • Cool data visualizations are all the rage these days—or so we hear—especially when the data is about the makeup of the newest class of first-years. The Yale Daily News and the Harvard Crimson both sent surveys to their respective school's class of 2018 to gather information about demographics and admissions. Check out the results of those surveys, in the format of pretty-looking web pages. (The Crimson) (Yale Daily News)

What’s happening today

• The 2013 film “Quai d'Orsay (The French Minister)” will be screened on Low Plaza tonight, beginning at 7:30 p.m. It is part of the Films on the Green Festival, which is being organized, in part, by the French Embassy.
  • New York Fashion Week begins. Check out the schedule of events online.