Barnard international administrator to leave for non-profit study abroad organization

• GOING, GOING, GONE | Rachel Romesburg, BC ’08 and the program director for International and Intercultural Student Programs at Barnard, announced Wednesday that she will leave Barnard on Sept. 19.

Rachel Romesburg, BC ’08 and the program director for International and Intercultural Student Programs at Barnard, announced Wednesday that she will leave Barnard on Sept. 19.

Romesburg will join the Institute for the International Education of Students, a Chicago-based nonprofit that organizes study abroad programs for college students.

She announced her departure in an email to international students on Wednesday afternoon. While her email did not mention her replacement, she encouraged international students to reach out to Dean for International and Intercultural Student Programs Gretchen Young and Mark Farrell, the office assistant for international and intercultural student programs.

Romesburg, who came to Barnard in August 2010, oversaw the Visiting International Student Ambassador Program, for which she planned activities for international students and managed student visas. She also worked to develop programming for full-time international students.

Romesburg’s responsibilities were altered following the fall 2013 resignation of Barnard’s Dean of International and Transfer Students Ani Bournoutian, BC ’75 and GSAS ’84. Instead of hiring a new dean to replace Bournoutian, Barnard chose to restructure its internal offices and split Bournoutian’s responsibilities between Young and Romesburg.

yasemin.akcaguner@columbiaspectator.com  |  @y_akcaguner