Barnard Director of Alumnae Affairs Erin Fredrick, BC ’01, to step down

Updated, Sept. 4, 10:10 p.m.

Barnard’s Director of Alumnae Affairs Erin Fredrick, BC ’01, will step down on Oct. 2 to become a major gift officer at the Masters School in Dobbs Ferry, New York.

Fredrick, whose departure was announced in an email to alumnae on Thursday afternoon, has held her position—where she oversees class reunions and organizes fundraising—since 2009.

She joined the alumnae affairs staff in 2005 as a manager for the reunion and leadership council after a stint as a deputy field director in Montgomery County, Maryland, for the Kathleen Kennedy Townsend for Governor campaign. She became the alumnae affairs associate director in 2007.

Vice President for Development and Alumnae Affairs Bret Silver and AABC President Terry Newman said in the email that Fredrick’s tenure saw “a period of tremendous accomplishment for the department, which has included record-breaking attendance at reunions, a doubling of the number of regional clubs, and a tripling of regional events.”

Erin has greatly enhanced communication with alumnae and volunteers, overseeing the redesign of the alumnae website, establishing a vibrant social media presence, and sending out monthly e-newsletters and quarterly volunteer newsletters,” the email said. “Barnard has greatly benefited from Erin’s insight, wisdom, and good humor, and it is an understatement to say that she will be sorely missed.”

Barnard President Debora Spar and the Barnard Alumnae Association will begin the search for a new director and name a point person in the interim, the email said.

elizabeth.sedran@columbiaspectator.com  |  @ezactron

Seems like all the people who love Barnard are leaving

+1
0
-1