Barnard Board of Trustees elects three new members

• ENTRUSTED | Barnard's Board of Trustees welcomed three new members on Wednesday—art collector Maria Baibakova, BC '07, Barnard parent and longtime Wall Street executive Ina Drew, and financial executive Camille Kiely Kelleher, BC '70.

Barnard welcomed three new members to its board of trustees this week who hail from art, finance, and consulting backgrounds.

Barnard President Debora Spar and board chair Jolyne Caruso-FitzGerald, BC ’81, announced the new members and one returning trustee in a press release Wednesday morning.

“The College will greatly benefit from each of their unique interests and areas of expertise, particularly as we prepare to conduct the most significant capital campaign in the College’s history,” Spar and Caruso-FitzGerald said in their joint announcement.

The 41-person board, which includes University President Lee Bollinger and Spar as ex-officio members, is responsible for the overall governance of Barnard, which includes monitoring the budget, appointing the president and other senior administrative and faculty personnel, and supervising the endowment. 

One of the newest and youngest members on the board is Maria Baibakova, BC ’07 and an international art curator. In 2008, at age 23, she founded Baibakov Art Projects, a cultural organization known for showcasing rising Russian and international artists in Moscow. Baibakova has been included in ARTnews’s “200 Top Collectors” list every year since 2009, and in 2012 she was named one of the 30 most influential people in the art world under 30 years old by ARTINFO.

Also joining the board are Ina Drew, a Barnard parent, now retired from a 30-year career as a Wall Street executive at JPMorgan Chase, and Camille Kiely Kelleher, BC ’70 and a portfolio manager of domestic and international equity for high-net-worth clients at some of the world’s top financial firms.

Linda Fayne Levinson, BC ’62, a corporate director and the first woman partner of McKinsey & Company, was re-elected to the board for a third term. She is the chair of the board’s investment committee. She is also a member of Barnard’s executive committee, the committee on budget and finance, and the academic affairs committee, and she serves on the Board of Advisors of the Athena Center for Leadership Studies.

“These remarkable women are deeply committed to Barnard, and we are so fortunate to have them involved at this level, where their ideas and insights will be invaluable to the entire institution,” Spar said.

emma.goss@columbiaspectator.com  |  @EmmaAudreyGoss