David Brann / Senior Staff Photographer

Officials from Student Affairs and Zeta Beta Tau international did not deny the rumor that Columbia's chapter of ZBT has lost its brownstone.

Student Affairs and Zeta Beta Tau officials would not deny rumors Wednesday night that Columbia's ZBT chapter has lost its brownstone.

Asked about Bwog's unsourced report—posted Wednesday around 6 p.m.—that the University has revoked ZBT's brownstone, Student Affairs spokesperson Katherine Cutler declined to comment. The executive director of ZBT's international organization, Laurence Bolotin, said he couldn't discuss the matter until Friday.

The Inter-Greek Council Judicial Board recommended in late January that ZBT lose its charter and housing after an unspecified hazing incident took place. The fraternity appealed the sanctions, however, and then-Dean of Student Affairs Kevin Shollenberger reversed the decision, allowing ZBT to keep its charter and brownstone pending the completion of an action plan.

The action plan stipulates that if the fraternity is found responsible for any additional violations—or if it fails to receive satisfactory ratings on its Alpha Standards—its charter will be revoked and its members immediately removed from the organization's brownstone, located on 115th Street between Broadway and Riverside Drive.  |  @abby_abrams

Zeta Beta Tau Student Affairs Greek Life