Thea Raymond-Sidel

Thu, Nov 20, 2014, 6:27am
The rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline shows the growing power that the environmental movement is starting to wield.
Mon, Mar 3, 2014, 3:42am
Thirteen Columbia students protesting the Keystone XL pipeline in Washington D.C. were arrested in front of the White House Sunday. The students were part of XL Dissent, a student-organized protest that drew more than 1,000 students from 100 schools.
Wed, Sep 11, 2013, 5:28am
Public Advocate Bill de Blasio won the Democratic mayoral primary Tuesday night, but it was unclear early Wednesday whether he would avoid a runoff election.
Mon, May 6, 2013, 3:00am
Students from Hugo Newman College Preparatory School have found success at national chess tournaments, and parents have started a flea market to help fund the school's chess team.
Tue, Apr 2, 2013, 2:16am
Candidate Vince Morgan is facing a formidable opponent in incumbent Inez Dickens—but an endorsement from political heavyweight State Senator Adriano Espaillat gave him a boost this weekend.
Wed, Feb 20, 2013, 2:32pm
City Council member Inez Dickens has an official challenger in Vince Morgan, SIPA ’06, a former congressional candidate and an outspoken critic of Columbia’s Manhattanville expansion.
Mon, Feb 11, 2013, 10:51pm
During the first three years of construction on Columbia’s Manhattanville expansion, more than two-thirds of the non-specialty work was done by minority-, women-, and locally owned firms, exceeding goals for the project.
Wed, Feb 6, 2013, 2:40am
Columbia has pledged to offer a certain percentage of contracts to businesses owned by minorities, women, or local residents—and the Empire State Development Corporation is seeing if the University is keeping up with its goal.
Mon, Jan 28, 2013, 2:28pm
The well-known restaurant Floridita, a haven for lovers of Cuban food for 34 years, was forced to relocate by Columbia’s Manhattanville expansion. After two and a half years of closure, it had its grand reopening Sunday.
Fri, Dec 7, 2012, 5:26am
Columbia is about to construct a new building in Hamilton Heights for displaced Manhattanville residents, though some question whether the development will drive up prices at neighboring businesses.

Pages