Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Tue, Aug 23, 2016, 1:05pm
In a landmark case, graduate students at private universities nationwide will now be able to unionize following the National Labor Relations Board’s decision in favor of graduate research and teaching assistants at Columbia.
Fri, Aug 19, 2016, 8:56pm
Andrew Plaa was appointed Dean of Advising on Friday afternoon. Plaa will continue to oversee the Center for Student Advising, which serves undergraduates in Columbia College and the School of Engineering and Applied Science
Sat, Jul 23, 2016, 5:28pm
Junior Akua Obeng-Akrofi is heading to Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Summer Olympics, where she’ll look to represent Ghana in the 4x100m relay. 
Fri, Jul 22, 2016, 7:21pm
Columbia announced on Friday that construction has started on a new indoor practice facility at the Baker Athletics Complex.
Thu, Jul 14, 2016, 6:01pm
Columbia will pay $9.5 million in a settlement to resolve claims from the U.S. government that it inappropriately sought excessive reimbursements for government-funded research grants, U.S. Attorney for Manhattan Preet Bharara announced Thursday.
Wed, Jul 13, 2016, 2:53pm
Barnard has hired Judit Revesz as the college’s official ombuds officer, according to an email sent from Barnard President Debora Spar on Wednesday.
Sun, Jul 10, 2016, 1:29pm
Two former Columbia runners will feature in the finals of the 1500-meter run on Sunday as both look to qualify for the Rio Olympics at the US Olympic Trials in Eugene, Oregon. 
Sat, Jul 2, 2016, 3:28pm
Lightweight rowing’s quarterfinal matchup at the Henley Royal Regatta began with a broken rigger as the crew launched, and Columbia was left scrambling even before its showdown on the River Thames with Oxford Brookes, the British Heavyweight Champions. 
Thu, Jun 30, 2016, 11:21am
Following the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold a University of Texas admissions policy, University President Lee Bollinger, long considered a leading voice in the national affirmative action debate, expressed optimism for the future of affirmative action but emphasized that the fight for racia
Tue, Jun 28, 2016, 10:16pm
Lightweight rowing returns to the water Wednesday morning, as the varsity eight races for the Temple Challenge Cup at the Henley Royal Regatta on the River Thames in England.

Pages