Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Tue, May 24, 2016, 11:05pm
Women's tennis senior captain Kanika Vaidya will compete in the first round of the Division I Women's Tennis Singles Championship. 
Wed, May 18, 2016, 6:31pm
Fritz Stern, a University Professor, famed historian, and former Provost at Columbia, died on Wednesday at age 90.
Tue, May 17, 2016, 8:52pm
The irony that Dean Baquet—who attended Columbia College but ultimately did not graduate—was standing before the graduating class of 2016 to deliver a keynote address on Tuesday was not lost on him.
Tue, May 17, 2016, 8:48pm
When Mariel Kim, BC ’16, stood in Lerner Hall during finals week handing out free doughnuts, the student response was typically Columbian. “Some people kind of stood back and asked, ‘What’s the catch?’” Kim said. “Nothing, we just want to give you doughnuts, it’s a stressful time!”
Tue, May 17, 2016, 8:40pm
When the Freedom, Liberty, and Freedom Party, led by Ben Makansi, CC ’16, and Vivek Ramakrishnan, CC ’16, appeared on the ticket for the Columbia College Student Council executive board elections, very few students—including Makansi and Ramakrishnan themselves—expected them to win.
Tue, May 17, 2016, 8:39pm
In his four years at Columbia, Ramis Wadood has established himself as a compassionate and effective advocate for students.
Tue, May 17, 2016, 8:16pm
Sarika Kumar, BC ’16, has held many leadership positions on campus. In all of them, she has looked to foster an environment of support and kindness.
Tue, May 17, 2016, 8:15pm
Five years ago, Aramael Pena-Alcantara, CC ’16, did not plan on attending Columbia. He even resisted going to Days on Campus despite living just a few stops away on the 1 train, but was eventually “forced” by his parents.
Tue, May 17, 2016, 8:11pm
For Jess Silfa, GS ’16, graduating from Columbia is the fulfillment of a dream she has had since high school, when she participated in Upward Bound, a program that offers courses and assistance to public high school students through the University’s Double Discovery Center.
Tue, May 17, 2016, 7:56pm
Ever played soccer in a hurricane?

Pages