Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Tue, Jun 30, 2015, 3:20pm
Paul Nungesser, CC ’15, added claims to his case against Columbia University as it simultaneously moved to dismiss the suit in a joint letter from each party’s respective lawyers filed on Wednesday.
Thu, Jun 25, 2015, 8:27pm
The graduate student unionization effort may be stalled if the New York regional director of the National Labor Relations Board determines she does not have the power to overrule a current NLRB precedent.
Tue, Jun 23, 2015, 7:56pm
Former teaching assistant Longxi Zhao said he was wrongfully fired for inappropriate email communication, an unapproved vacation day taken on the Friday before spring break, failure to proctor a makeup quiz, and incorrect implementation of homework policy.
Mon, Jun 22, 2015, 2:54pm
Columbia will divest from the private prison industry after the board of trustees voted to support divestment. 
Thu, Jun 18, 2015, 8:11pm
Emily Jacobson, CC '08, will be inducted into the Fencing Hall of Fame in a ceremony to be held next year.
Wed, Jun 17, 2015, 10:05am
Dean for International and Intercultural Student Programs Gretchen Young will be leaving Barnard at the end of this month.
Fri, Jun 12, 2015, 9:06am
The Columbia University Medical Center doctor and tenured professor embroiled in former New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver’s corruption case filed a lawsuit against the University last Wednesday for allegedly firing him without following due process.
Thu, Jun 11, 2015, 8:40pm
A group of Barnard contingent faculty members—defined as both full-time and part-time non-tenure track faculty, including adjuncts—is moving to unionize.
Wed, Jun 10, 2015, 7:33pm
Alongside sustained activism from students on college campuses across the country, federal legislators are addressing the issue of how universities adjudicate sexual assault cases.
Mon, Jun 8, 2015, 5:45pm
It’s unclear how trans men and gender non-binary students—who have a visible presence in the campus community—will now fit into a women’s college that requires its applicants to ‘consistently live and identify as women.’ And administrators don’t have a clear answer yet, either.

Pages