Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Wed, Nov 25, 2015, 3:20am
In the physical arena of sport, athletes fully rely on the interaction between mind and body to perform. But if that body doesn’t fit the idealized image of what an athlete needs to succeed in their sport, the stage or court that was once a sanctuary can become a battlefield between an image and...
Mon, Nov 23, 2015, 10:37pm
Columbia fencing had a nearly flawless finish at the Penn Elite Invitational.
Mon, Nov 23, 2015, 8:58pm
The Lions will look to move past .500 Tuesday at home against the Terriers.
Mon, Nov 23, 2015, 5:50pm
University President Lee Bollinger has promised Uris Hall to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, which comprises five of the University’s schools including Columbia College and the School of General Studies.
Mon, Nov 23, 2015, 11:44am
Updated Nov. 23, 12:54 p.m. Following heavy criticism, Barnard has changed its winter break housing policy.
Mon, Nov 23, 2015, 12:47am
Getting to the top is one thing, but staying there is another. Fencing head coach Michael Aufrichtig is prepping his team to defend its national title, but his eye is never far from the recruiting trail as he searchesfor the Lions’ next stable of stars. 
Sun, Nov 22, 2015, 6:02pm
University President Lee Bollinger kicked off Friday’s University Senate plenary with a speech on affirmative action and race in the United States—his second speech
Fri, Nov 20, 2015, 10:53pm
The Bears flew out of the gates, scoring 14 points in the first 21 seconds. Lions were determined to hang tight with them to the end, but utlimately fell, 28-23.
Fri, Nov 20, 2015, 2:52am
The Barnard College Student Coalition of Financially Insecure Students (For Students, By Students) distributed over 250 flyers at an action on Thursday afternoon, where they urged faculty and staff to sign a petition against the College’s winter break housing policy.
Fri, Nov 20, 2015, 2:47am
Ahead of their upcoming show at Columbia alum-owned venue Baby’s All Right, the band Small Black, formed at Columbia in the early 2000s, reflects on their history.