Spectator Senior Staff Writer

Fri, Sep 4, 2015, 1:19pm
Dean of Advising Monique Rinere has left Columbia.
Tue, Sep 1, 2015, 5:25pm
In accordance with a New York state law passed this summer, Columbia’s new sexual assault policy includes changes to the appeals process and clarifications of existing procedures.  
Mon, Aug 31, 2015, 12:35pm
Barnard has revised its policy against discrimination and harassment and other related gender-based misconduct procedures so that the college will now wholly manage cases in which the accused student attends Barnard.
Fri, Aug 28, 2015, 5:43pm
The free laundry service announced by Columbia Housing yesterday was not paid for by an increase in student housing fees. 
Mon, Aug 17, 2015, 2:51pm
Columbia is revising its sexual assault policy after the passage of a new state law regarding campus sexual assault policy and a year of experience implementing the current policy, which was announced last August.
Fri, Aug 14, 2015, 2:25pm
Columbia is under a second investigation by the Department of Education for violation of Title IX, a federal gender discrimination law that applies to sexual assault.
Tue, Aug 4, 2015, 10:08am
Columbia Health’s Counseling and Psychological Services announced that it will hire six new staff members and open new office space in Lerner Hall this summer to reduce wait times in the coming academic year.
Thu, Jul 23, 2015, 8:31pm
When Barnard Contingent Faculty-UAW filed its petition to unionize with the National Labor Relations Board in early June, it said it gathered a supermajority of contingent faculty to request that all non-tenure track faculty be included among its ranks.
Fri, Jul 17, 2015, 10:35am
Barnard and the union of contingent faculty—defined as all non-tenure track faculty—reached an agreement late Thursday night that will exclude some full-time non-tenure track faculty from the union.
Fri, Jul 10, 2015, 1:20pm
The fourth Friedman’s, known for its emphasis on gluten-free comfort food and local sourcing, opened Wednesday at Amsterdam Avenue.

Pages