Arts and Entertainment | Food and Drink

Heights to reopen soon, invite-only soft opening scheduled for Friday

• Kiera Wood / Senior Staff Photographer
    in the heights | The Heights' manager Feras Samad discusses the ongoing repairs to the bar and restaurant in January. Closed since January, The Heights has planned an invite-only soft opening for Friday night.

An old favorite is on the road to recovery with a new atmosphere and the same margaritas. This Friday, The Heights Bar & Grill will hold a small soft opening for invited guests to prepare for its upcoming grand reopening for the general public.

In late January, The Heights sustained water and smoke damage from a six-alarm fire that severely damaged the Citibank next door. The effects of the fire on the shared wall between the bank and the bar, coupled with a lack of heat and the damage to the ceiling in the main bar, were important factors in the bar’s prolonged closure. Acording to owner Feras Samad, there were also a few insurance setbacks that delayed the reopening.

While there is no word yet on a concrete date for The Heights’ formal reopening, Friday’s event will introduce familiar faces to the bar and grill’s new look. According to an email from Samad, the renovated main lounge on the building’s second floor will feature a new, more spacious layout.

Samad said a new chef will introduce an updated menu to accompany the bar’s much-loved margaritas. The restaurant and bar also has a newly trained staff and kitchen crew.

sarah.roth@columbiaspectator.com | @sarah_e_roth

Steve Trucco posted on

how do i get an invite motha fuckas

+1
-6
-1