A&E

Tom's is being sued and Maoz is closed for good

It's not a great day to be a restaurant in Morningside Heights. According to the Post, Tom's is being sued by Carolyn Coleman for not being wheelchair accessible. She filed the lawsuit on Friday and is asking for the court to order the restaurant to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as for $30,000 in damages. Her complaints are with the step required to enter the restaurant and with the limited space inside for those who use wheelchairs or scooters to get around. Tom's manager Manuel Pappas told the Post that "we have tables outside, though, that they can use." He also said that “Maybe. Someday," the restaurant will be renovated to be more accessible. Spectator will be following up on this in the coming days. In other MoHi restaurant news, today we received confirmation from Maoz Vegetarian that the location at 2857 Broadway, between 110th and 111th streets—which has been "closed for renovation" since April, according to a sign on its door—is permanently closed.

No word yet from the company why they're closing, but in an email, a spokesperson said, "We hope to be back in the Morningside Heights area in the near future." Now you'll have to go elsewhere to get your falafel fix.

Sammy Roth posted on

I once saw Robert Kasdin eating lunch at Maoz. #MaozFunFacts

+1
+1
-1
I can't even express how wrong you are posted on

^^^

+1
0
-1
no seriously try Amir's posted on

it used to be the shittiest but they got new management and now everything there became amazing over night

+1
0
-1
falafelina posted on

Amir's is better anyway let's be real

+1
0
-1
Alin Kohan posted on

Felafal on Broadway is where it's at. While sipping on Turkish coffee or mint tea and hookah, I do more homework there than anywhere else. Which needs to stop, because I'm probably better off at Butler.

+1
0
-1
meizitang posted on

Over a side notice. I had been a 34C just before little ones, with pounds attain i had been a 34DD. Immediately after nursing and %anchor% I became a lopsided 34B. once i started undertaking large pounds and energy schooling my boobs are again into a 34C.
meizitang http://priority-appraisalsinc.com/enough/enough120.html

+1
0
-1