In our first post here, we looked at peak library hours throughout the day. Check it out here, if you're still trying to plan the ideal library-visiting schedule! In this installment, Spec surveyed where each major is most likely to study. This post is great for stalkers! Uhh wait that didn't sound as funny as it did in my head... This visualization, based on swipe-in data, shows where students of different majors prefer to study across campus. What are some funny trends you notice? Tell us in the comments! Some of the things that we saw:
- Uris ranks sixth in overall undergraduate attendance—last if you don't count Lehman or Law Library. Apparently we don't even like them, anyway!
- Undergraduate philosophy majors love Butler, considering that they rank seventh in overall usage, despite being one of the smaller programs around (according to the most recent available program-size information). More after the jump.
- Even though we don't know anything about Mudd usage, we can still see that our SEAS brethren avoid Butler, turning even to NoCo at a higher rate than CC undergrads.
- The "Go!" button visualizes where specific majors study. (Normalized by library size.)
- The "Calculate!" button visualizes the top majors (by program) in a specific library. The "Calculate!" graph's count is over the 2013-14 school year. (Not normalized.)