Columbia haikus from the class of 2018

Curious about the incoming class of pre-frosh? We were too. So let's quit the small talk---let's see how good they really are. And what better way to test how Columbia-ready you are than through the subtle, concise art of haiku.  If you're interested in learning more about these haiku authors, check back soon for full profiles of the class of 2018. #swag. Oh Columbia. Though your essays made me cry, I'm ready for you ---Isaac Jiffar, CC, Potomac, Md. Never seen campus Never visited the city Still applied Early ---Shawn Wang, CC, Auburn, Ala. A drop of BrillanCe A wave of suCCess and thouGhtS A SEA(S) of knowledge ---Angela Beam, BC, Boerne, Tex. Those who took our challenge in stride: I can't write Haiku And I'm going to Barnard ..Nine Ways of Knowing? ---Franky Lin, BC, Hong Kong I'm not creative But I do love food and eating So let's be friends please ---Anna Carlson, BC, St. Paul, Minn. Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope ---Elizabeth Kwon, BC, Queens, N.Y. The randoms: Went bacchanal weekend Thank god my mom did not go Milkshakes at two a.m. ---anonymous, CC, from Lynwood, Calif. Hey Girl, I hear your Core is pretty rocking, and it shows" --R. Gosling ---anonymous, CC, from Portland, Ore. But then they got poetic: Green sweeps white away, Pink magnolia blossoms, And life is renewed. ---Ada Tam, BC, Hong Kong I didn't know where I wanted to go at all then I met Barnard. at Barnard I feel the world's possibilities laid out at my feet. my feet dance along the dirty streets of New York and I feel at home. ---Eve Kausch, BC, Ann Arbor, Mich. Oh, the cheese: Now my time has come At last I will spread my wings I have no limits ---Simisola Akinola, BC, Westbury, N.Y. On 116th street Lies the greatest place ever Blue and white for life ---Alexander Birkel, CC, Princeton, N.J.

Alabama posted on

REPRESENT
+1
0
-1
sywang23 posted on

Haha, that was me with that second haiku from Alabama. What part of Alabama are you from^^?
+1
0
-1