A&E

Havana Central closing on May 28

Bad news, rising seniors: Havana Central will be closing its doors at the end of this month, as a manager at the restaurant confirms and The Lion originally reported.

The Lion reports that the news first came to light on a Facbeook group that created an event tonight to mourn the restaurant and bar's closing

According to manager Neyda Sanchez, the plans to close the restaurant—which opened up in January 2007—and open up another Havana Central in New Jersey came fairly recently.

"They just finalized it this week," Sanchez said. "So it's practically new to us."

Sanchez said that the space will be occupied by a bar, adding that "I don't know exactly what's going to be the concept for the next restaurant here."

On its last day, Havana Central will be having a $12.95 all-you-can-eat special for 90 minutes, and happy hour will last all day.

Check back for more updates.

Jack Robbins posted on

A new restaurant and bar that fits the old New Yorker description of the place "student food at student prices" ought to do fine. I hope that jazz comes back, but that is just me. I don't know if it would make the place more likely to succeed.

+1
+1
-1

Bring back the West End.

+1
0
-1
Annonymuss posted on

There has been a bar on this site since 1911. It has been called the West End for at least 70 years. Making this into a cuban restaurant was one of the all time bad ideas. The place was expensive. The food, drinks and music were too specialized. Bring back the West End and keep it non-ethnic, non-specialized. It should be aimed at everybody, but especially heavy drinkers and gluttons.

+1
+1
-1

To established off with crafting on trend dissertations, study may be the prime component which initially delivers manner dissertation tips concerning certain fashion dissertation subject areas or themes and finally supplies crucial product expected for that primary study.
http://www.gradschoolsabroad.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=14905

+1
0
-1