A&E

Pregame playlist: It's almost finals edition

Hiya everyone! This week’s playlist is a soundtrack of sorts: music that’s perfect for setting off your homemade fireworks in a trashcan in the parking lot of a K-Mart, clutching an 89-cent Taco Bell bean burrito. The goal here is unadulterated---if stupid and probably ultimately misdirected---aggression. Enjoy! FIDLAR: Comparatively, this track is actually a bit old---it’s from the band’s self-titled album from last year. That being said, the heavy-handedness of chanting “I drink cheap beer, so what, fuck you” is more endearing than gimmicky. The track’s got a great, unrelenting beat---it’s like being hit by a wall of noise. ZACH HILL: Like I said, I love Death Grips, especially drummer Zach Hill, who’s just a master. In continuing with the theme of tasteful sirens, I put this song on this playlist because it’s just a testament to how great a drummer the man is. My personal favorite element of this is the unconventional trash cymbals that Hill is known for; it creates an almost primal sound that can be heard whenever he’s on a track. If you didn’t like Death Grips, I’d give this a listen anyway: it has all the industrial and experimental noise of Death Grips but without the screaming. TY SEGALL BAND: No sirens here, but the echo effects on the vocals in “Slaughterhouse” are basically good enough. If you’ve been following my pregame playlists, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of Ty Segall in general, whether he’s working with Mikal Cronin or by himself. DEATH GRIPS: If you don’t like Death Grips, go home. There is so much “fuck you” in this entire band that it’s impossible to not love them. “No Love” was released as a single off “No Love Deep Web." It maintains some of my favorite characteristics of the band’s music: the borderline obscene sirens throbbing over MC Ride’s distinct voice. Interestingly, I think the band’s choice to take a full pause every now and then helps listeners not get too absorbed in the beat, which prevents them from getting too comfortable with it. MIA: Wow who would’ve ever thought that MIA and Sonic Youth would be on a playlist together? Is this creative genius or just idiocy? I’ll let you decide that one for yourself, but I do think that MIA is entirely underrated. While her new album was underwhelming, “Bring the Noize” was still a great single and it fits well within this playlist’s industrial theme, with sirens and some distorted vocals that are easy when you’re trying to get pumped to go out. As far as her own vocals go, she’s not a particularly talented rapper, but the sheer number and variety of sounds---especially the number of different beats going on here---keep it pretty interesting overall. At this point, you’ve probably realized that this is a truly disjointed, dysfunctional, and dissonant bunch of tracks. Just tryna keep you all on your toes here because Friday is no time to turn down.

the diana posted on

AGAIN, NEHA IS PERFECT AND HAS GREAT TASTE

+1
0
-1
liquidfusion posted on

This article is great!!!!!

+1
0
-1

I'm in 209 on a Friday night and everything sucks, thankfully this playlist is encouraging me to start breaking shit

+1
0
-1
hgaqrjsxl posted on

锘縑erizon, as Red Bottom Shoes one would expect, disputes this claim. Nonetheless, this is the company that declared war over net neutrality and successfully had the FCC's decision gutted within the last month. Under these circustances, it's scarcely surprising that Netflix's bandwidth took a nose dive.What disputes like this demonstrate is just how badly we need a new model for delivering content to people across America.

All i needed for the spell were materials to get the spell done. I could not get them so i paid him to get them for me since he is the expert in this stuff. As far as i can tell that s$$t worked cos all my marriage problem just fall off my shoulder and my stepson is cool with me now.

He also noted that Ontario has launched a $45 million fund to aid the music industry."While digital sales have grown significantly, they are not enough to Christian Louboutin Shoes make up for lost physical sales," he told the Queen's Park committee. "Revenues Christian Louboutin Outlet from the digital market are on a completely different scale from those derived from CDs."He also linked digital piracy to growing income inequality, noting that musicians' incomes have been falling even as search giants like Google have been earning millions from serving ads on results pages that link to pirated music."We now live in a world where a very few musicians have become fabulously wealthy, leaving almost everyone else with very little on the table. Was not digital technology supposed to have done exactly the opposite?"But Henderson saved his harshest criticisms for Google, telling the committee that:One of the biggest problems we have is that consumers cannot find legal services on Google.

It wasn't long before the Dutch came to take it back. Courthope (whose exploits are described by Giles Milton in Nathaniel's Nutmeg: How One Man's Courage Changed the Course of History, published in 1999) held on to the island for four years until he was ambushed at sea and killed. For the next half century the two nations wrangled over this tiny patch of forest.

We can keep in touch with all our friends and family by internet. Even the book we are reading now has been typist by a computer. With the proper equipment we can sit at our computer and communicate with someone any where in the world. I don't know how a computer works, or how to grow broccoli, but that knowledge is out there and I get to benefit. And the internet provides even more potential to share this knowledge. Wikipedia is one of the best examples an evolving store of the world's knowledge for Red Bottom Shoes which everyone can benefit from.

+1
0
-1