Opinion

Passover and the art of letting school go

Princess Ana, in reference to all the worries holding her back, once famously said, "Let it go." It's told, I think, that Moses also said, "Let my people go." Is this a coincidence? Or a mere opportunity for endless Passover/Frozen YouTube parodies?

Every year on Passover, Jews celebrate their freedom from the oppression of the Ancient Egyptians. In an effort to make it all more relatable, some Jews take Passover as an opportunity to free themselves from other stuff they're "enslaved" to.

One type of freedom I celebrate is the freedom from schoolwork. Allow me to add an "ish." The faculty has been extremely understanding, and some of my professors even cancelled class. But I still have a research paper due over Passover, tons of lab work, and a play to write. I'm not complaining---exceptions for religious observance can (and should) only go so far. But my family doesn't work or use electricity during designated days of holidays, which basically means I have three days to get my shit together. The idea of not working for so long then powering through that time crunch terrifies me.

Every time I get scared, I remind myself that I've done it before in past holidays. Then I take a step back: I barely have time to breathe during a normal week. How the hell did I do it?

Well, one thing I've tried to internalize this year is that we only have time for something if we make the time. Often during the weekend, I'll freak out that I have so much work and no time to do it, so I zone in on my computer and shove my FOMO into a deep, dark corner. Inevitably, I end up wasting 90 percent of the day catching up with friends on Facebook and convincing myself I "earned the right to watch one more episode." This system of "earning" a break is ridiculous. Breaks are not like junky jelly bracelets that one wins for racking up on points in Skeeball (Theoretically. I was more of a mood-ring kid).

My most productive days are spent when I take charge of my breaks and give my relaxation the same importance as my work. The same amount of work gets done at the end of the day whether I spend three hours watching a movie with friends or three hours finding out What Form of Potato, How Much of a Millennial, and How Bergen County BuzzFeed thinks I am. I do have time to breathe during the normal week, if I actively prioritize the oxygen over the extra credit project. When I actively choose not to work, my time becomes more valuable than an overpriced arcade prize.

So whenever I start to panic this week, I'll need to remind myself that I'll have time to do my work if I make the time. I’m choosing to spend the next week celebrating my freedom with family and friends. We all have the freedom to take a break from our school work, whether for religious observance or mental health. Only when we acknowledge that breaks are a privilege, not an allowance, do we have the power to let ourselves go.

Tabitha posted on

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for
my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having
problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

Here is my web blog; My latest blog post

+1
+2
-1
Elwood posted on

When I originally commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
and from now on each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the
exact same comment. Perhaps there is a way
you can remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!

Look into my site: porno

+1
0
-1
Siddhant yadav posted on

That's really a great pots to read here.
xbox live gold ; My latest blog post

+1
+1
-1
Hamric posted on

Ab workouts as well as other healthy regimen will can you
no good if you eat unhealthy egg products. More so, if peanut butter spread is coupled
with lip smacking food.

This process of meals storage can extend living of foods by weeks
or possibly months generally. After an occasion people will migrate
back on the cities and barter can be the method of existence.
does vodca go bad get

+1
0
-1
Dallas posted on

For the reason that the admin of this website is working, no hesitation very shortly it will be well-known, due to its quality
contents.

Feel free to surf to my web blog ... jocuri mario vechi si lungi

+1
0
-1
Marylou posted on

Recompense a sus mejores clientes del servicio y asociados con un elegante regalo.
Los regalos corporativos pedidos a través de nuestra página web incluyen un servicio característico : expedición gratis y nuestro nuevo bala para regalo de
color marfil y negro, cortesía de el domicilio.
para más aclaración y un presupuesto personificar,
contacte con:¿Cuáles son los mejores regalos de empresa para estimular mi canal de ventas?
A esta aclaración se enfrentan muchos directivos y responsables de comarca por
estas fechas, y lo cierto es que no resulta cómodo
de contestar. Más aún antílope el arrasamiento de productos y artículos de todo tipo que hemos visto caminar por nuestras oficinas
en los últimos años : desde la socorrida memorándum, pasando por la realista set de escritura, inclusive llegar a la
tradicional botella de vino.
Regalos de empresa, todos ellos, que de
forma tradicional han demostrado ser eficaces para fidelizar a nuestra red
de distribuidores, pero que parece que con el años han perdido esa creación y lozanía que les
hacía singulares. Un hecho que nos obliga a localizar nuevos estímulos que
mantengan íntegra esa capacidad para despertar el compromiso de nuestro canal de ventas
En Galanta, tanto especialistas en marketing promocional, hogaño os queremos echar una mano en esa labor de busca, presentándoos una selección de 10 regalos de
empresa con los que dar a vuestro equipo mercantil,
empleados y distribuidores estas navidades. Artículos
que os ayudarán a tenerles con ese gratificación de motivo precisa para lograr los objetivos, demostrándoles de paso lo esenciales que son en el engranaje
de la empresa.

regalos de empresa personalizados

+1
+1
-1
Brozena posted on

Most kinds of toddler train track are made to fit between a mattress
and box spring, using some variation of your L-shape.
The study said men and women preferred to work with firefox restroom shoes this gold types.
my view

+1
-8
-1
jk3344 posted on

love this!!

+1
-3
-1

YOU ARE JUST GAHHHH I CAN'T XOXO

+1
+5
-1
Talia posted on

About time someone wrote about this with honesty, wisdom, and of course humor. You go, girl. Chag sameach :)

+1
+3
-1
Autumn posted on

So if you have ever asked yourself "What is the fastest way to make money. Lastly, do your research and start promoting your product. When I get asked what is the quickest way to make money online I start to sigh.

Feel free to visit my webpage :: easy money making ideas - http://mysrm.srmuniv.ac.in/bio_ethics/node/209946 -

+1
+5
-1
Mervin posted on

Good site you have got here.. It's hard to find quality writing like yours these
days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take
care!!

Also visit my blog: blood sugar units of measurement (go.discovery.com)

+1
-1
-1
Fredric posted on

This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
Thank you!

My web page :: Saint Christopher Necklace

+1
-2
-1
Everett posted on

They are also sponsorship opportunities. If you want if you apply to join this one is right for more
information or other sole proprietors. If you are an obstruction to the are you an entrepreneur test internet person would eat
the other hand when it's combined with the intention to invest
in would be $81, 371. If you're a college student taking information with you being here in Charlotte and elsewhere to move forward.

Here is my homepage ... wealth dynamics

+1
+6
-1
Wilmer posted on

Link exchange iѕ nothing else Ƅut it iѕ jսst placing the օther person's webpage link оn your page at suitable ρlace
and other person will also dߋ sɑme in support of you.

Also visit mү website: voyance gratuite (http://tinyurl.com/kqgedkt)

+1
0
-1
Logan posted on

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I'm inspired!
Extremely useful info particularly the last part :)
I take care of such info much. I used to be seeking this certain information for a long time.
Thank you and good luck.

Here is my page: cross rings for men (Logan)

+1
0
-1
seo posted on

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword....wait there's even more Now what if i told you there was a simple Wordpress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That's right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin
seo http://www.SeoAnalyticNews.com/

+1
-6
-1
Mervin posted on

Good site you have got here.. It's hard to find quality writing like yours these days.
I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Stop by my web blog - blood sugar units of measurement (go.discovery.com)

+1
-1
-1
Maliinol posted on

There are actually number of remy human hair wigs
things that an individual can do to keep their man made wigs as all-natural hunting "as is possible" but it really does demand some upkeep and a fact examine. Man-made wigs are certainly not real head of hair, these are man made. They are not made out of real human hair and over time, the hair quality and fibres are going to change making the hair look unnatural or synthetic,. That is you can make them look as natural as possible but the reality.
The normal life span of your man made wig that is certainly donned every day is around ninety days. Want it or otherwise, this can be a truth. You can preserve your wig over that however who are we fooling? cheap hair extensions
Your wig will search like a wig. So if you are one of those people who claims to have a synthetic wig that has lasted you a year, you sadly might be one of those people out there who thinks your hair looks fabulous and it might well so, but we also can tell that you are a wearing a wig. The most common reason that wigs become noticeable is that many customers keep the longer than they should. Detailed Human Hair Lace Wigs
below are a few stuff that can be done human hair wigs online
and also hardwearing . wigs as all-natural as is possible as long as you may.

+1
+4
-1
BntoneloB posted on

The wide range of wigs available for each men and women is impressive. The number of choices that you could select from are most liberating not to mention thrilling. Folks may choose to use wigs because of a lot of reasons wigs for women
because of a medical problem or perhaps due to the fact they would like to modify their appearance and appearance.

The plethora of wigs available for both women and men is astounding. The options that one could choose from are most liberating and naturally fascinating. Individuals might want to dress in wigs because of many reasons as a result of medical condition or just due to the fact they wish to transform their appearance and look. Wigs offer a chance to men and women to significantly Wigs For Women
alter their appear with out altering their natural your hair.

It is only standard for people wigs for sale
to need an all-natural appearance in the wig they dress in, which ought to be easy and comfortable. They also count on for your wig they wear to appear similar to their genuine hair. Wigs
The wigs that are offered in On the internet Wig Canada Stores may be made from artificial locks or human hair. Human Hair Wigs are the choice you should make if you are looking for a wig that has the most natural look. Much like your genuine your hair, a human head of hair wig could be lower and tinted depending on your flavor and personal type.

+1
-1
-1
FharlesKag posted on

Hello. The two main kinds of full lace wigs
wig substance - artificial fiber content and actual human being locks. The majority of people naturally believe that a human being extensions
hair wig is actually better than a man made 1, when in simple fact it is far from that easy. The appropriate choice depends upon everything you expect through your wig, how you are going to use it, and the time are you able to can lace front wigs
dedicate to it.And Bye.

+1
0
-1
xbox love gold posted on

Get free xbox live gold codes by free xbox live gold membership codes generator. This generator works on an online scrift and generate free membership at http://freecodeshub.com/xbox-live-gold-codes-generator/

+1
0
-1
Exwardsep posted on

Have you for ages been wigs
impressed by how wonderful the hair of designs in vogue publications appear to be? There is really a Wigs For Women
secret associated with that. Have you any idea what it is?

In reality, what these designs are wearing are lace top wigs instead of their real hair. Cheap Wigs For Women
To search amazing like them, why not try using a lace wig too? These wigs are set up since they make their users look stylish and fashionable each time they are donned. But there are other utilizes of wigs and one of these brilliant would be to cover baldness.

Majority customers of lace wigs are models and celebrities. Cheap Wigs For Women
Since these people are trendsetters, the public will really stick to whatever they dress in. For this reason explanation, individuals are beginning to really like these wigs too. Anywhere you go, anyone can see people Cheap Wigs
wearing them particularly while in parties and special occasions.

+1
+3
-1
JorsanMt posted on

African American citizen top lace wigs are one of the most favored wigs for African United states Ladies. Why? These are the most Wigs
normal-seeking. In reality, our favorite celebrities who wear wigs - like Tyra Banks and Beyonce - like African American front side lace wigs.

Hang on... back up... Tyra Banking companies and Beyonce dress in wigs? Hey there, Cheap Wigs
practically every person in Hollywood has donned locks that is certainly not her eventually or other! It is just that they use African American citizen top lace wigs, and that is certainly the reason why you can't inform. These wigs just appear so organic!

So, why do these front lace wigs look so natural? Well, Cheap Synthetic Wigs
to start with, allow it to be stated that full lace wigs appearance more normal than entrance lace wigs - total lace wigs can be designed in several techniques and also worn up in ponytails without having giving the impression of a wig. The reason being the hair of complete lace wigs (and top lace wigs) are independently associated with the lace.

When hair are independently bound to the lace, they could be located flawlessly. They could fall Cheap Wigs
in a natural way. As well as the lace blends right in along with your head, so that your scalp can show by means of, creating the wigs appearance more normal. In fact, that is one of the reasons that many women prefer African American front lace wigs - because of the natural hairlines the create.

Wigs
In fact, some of the more expensive African American front lace wigs have baby hairs tied into the front of the wig - these are the hairs that we sometimes do not want when we are not wearing a wig, but they are the hairs that, when added, make the wigs look most natural.

You will find alternative methods which a female can secure an African American citizen entrance lace wig to her brain. First of all, if she has long hair, it should be braided. Reduced your hair can easily be placed underneath a wig cap - a wig cap can be quite a fundamental knee high Cheap Synthetic Wigs
with the elastic shut down (in a coloration similar to the skin tone).

+1
0
-1