Opinion

Passover and the art of letting school go

Princess Ana, in reference to all the worries holding her back, once famously said, "Let it go." It's told, I think, that Moses also said, "Let my people go." Is this a coincidence? Or a mere opportunity for endless Passover/Frozen YouTube parodies?

Every year on Passover, Jews celebrate their freedom from the oppression of the Ancient Egyptians. In an effort to make it all more relatable, some Jews take Passover as an opportunity to free themselves from other stuff they're "enslaved" to.

One type of freedom I celebrate is the freedom from schoolwork. Allow me to add an "ish." The faculty has been extremely understanding, and some of my professors even cancelled class. But I still have a research paper due over Passover, tons of lab work, and a play to write. I'm not complaining---exceptions for religious observance can (and should) only go so far. But my family doesn't work or use electricity during designated days of holidays, which basically means I have three days to get my shit together. The idea of not working for so long then powering through that time crunch terrifies me.

Every time I get scared, I remind myself that I've done it before in past holidays. Then I take a step back: I barely have time to breathe during a normal week. How the hell did I do it?

Well, one thing I've tried to internalize this year is that we only have time for something if we make the time. Often during the weekend, I'll freak out that I have so much work and no time to do it, so I zone in on my computer and shove my FOMO into a deep, dark corner. Inevitably, I end up wasting 90 percent of the day catching up with friends on Facebook and convincing myself I "earned the right to watch one more episode." This system of "earning" a break is ridiculous. Breaks are not like junky jelly bracelets that one wins for racking up on points in Skeeball (Theoretically. I was more of a mood-ring kid).

My most productive days are spent when I take charge of my breaks and give my relaxation the same importance as my work. The same amount of work gets done at the end of the day whether I spend three hours watching a movie with friends or three hours finding out What Form of Potato, How Much of a Millennial, and How Bergen County BuzzFeed thinks I am. I do have time to breathe during the normal week, if I actively prioritize the oxygen over the extra credit project. When I actively choose not to work, my time becomes more valuable than an overpriced arcade prize.

So whenever I start to panic this week, I'll need to remind myself that I'll have time to do my work if I make the time. I’m choosing to spend the next week celebrating my freedom with family and friends. We all have the freedom to take a break from our school work, whether for religious observance or mental health. Only when we acknowledge that breaks are a privilege, not an allowance, do we have the power to let ourselves go.

Tabitha posted on

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for
my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having
problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

Here is my web blog; My latest blog post

+1
0
-1
Hamric posted on

Ab workouts as well as other healthy regimen will can you
no good if you eat unhealthy egg products. More so, if peanut butter spread is coupled
with lip smacking food.

This process of meals storage can extend living of foods by weeks
or possibly months generally. After an occasion people will migrate
back on the cities and barter can be the method of existence.
does vodca go bad get

+1
0
-1
Brozena posted on

Most kinds of toddler train track are made to fit between a mattress
and box spring, using some variation of your L-shape.
The study said men and women preferred to work with firefox restroom shoes this gold types.
my view

+1
-4
-1
jk3344 posted on

love this!!

+1
+1
-1

YOU ARE JUST GAHHHH I CAN'T XOXO

+1
+3
-1
Talia posted on

About time someone wrote about this with honesty, wisdom, and of course humor. You go, girl. Chag sameach :)

+1
-1
-1
Autumn posted on

So if you have ever asked yourself "What is the fastest way to make money. Lastly, do your research and start promoting your product. When I get asked what is the quickest way to make money online I start to sigh.

Feel free to visit my webpage :: easy money making ideas - http://mysrm.srmuniv.ac.in/bio_ethics/node/209946 -

+1
+3
-1
Fredric posted on

This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
Thank you!

My web page :: Saint Christopher Necklace

+1
-1
-1
Everett posted on

They are also sponsorship opportunities. If you want if you apply to join this one is right for more
information or other sole proprietors. If you are an obstruction to the are you an entrepreneur test internet person would eat
the other hand when it's combined with the intention to invest
in would be $81, 371. If you're a college student taking information with you being here in Charlotte and elsewhere to move forward.

Here is my homepage ... wealth dynamics

+1
-1
-1
Wilmer posted on

Link exchange iѕ nothing else Ƅut it iѕ jսst placing the օther person's webpage link оn your page at suitable ρlace
and other person will also dߋ sɑme in support of you.

Also visit mү website: voyance gratuite (http://tinyurl.com/kqgedkt)

+1
0
-1
Logan posted on

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I'm inspired!
Extremely useful info particularly the last part :)
I take care of such info much. I used to be seeking this certain information for a long time.
Thank you and good luck.

Here is my page: cross rings for men (Logan)

+1
+1
-1
seo posted on

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword....wait there's even more Now what if i told you there was a simple Wordpress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That's right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin
seo http://www.SeoAnalyticNews.com/

+1
-2
-1