not_set | Sports

WEEKEND RECAP: Softball, Track, Women's Squash, Women's Tennis, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Fencing

• Youjin Jenny Jang / Senior Staff Photographer
    Taking it all in stride | Sophomore Jaycee Parker, along with teammates Olivia Sadler, Trina Bills, and Waverly Neer set a program record running the 4,000-meter relay at Notre Dame this weekend.

Softball DiegoRosette/Spectator Staff Writer

The softball squad went 0-5 in its opening weekend of play. Over the three-day span, the Lions were outscored by a margin of 47-13—including a 17-0 mercy-rule blowout against Houston Friday night... (Read more)

Track Finn Vigeland/Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The track team broke two school records in South Bend, Ind., this weekend—and while it will likely be enough to advance the men’s distance medley relay team to nationals, the women’s DMR team will have to wait until at least the spring season... (Read more)

Women's Squash Eli Schultz/Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The women’s squash team finished as the runner-up at the Kurtz Cup on Sunday, falling to George Washington, 5-4, in the final. The Lions finished their season with an 8-7 overall record, marking the second winning season in program history... (Read more)

Women's Tennis Myles Simmons/Spectator Senior Staff Writer

The No. 35 women’s tennis team had a disappointing showing in its first competition since winning the ECAC title, dropping its Saturday match to unranked... (Read more)

Lacrosse Ben Drachman/Columbia Daily Spectator

Coming off consecutive 3-12 seasons, the lacrosse team hit the 2014 season running, taking down LIU, 20-11, in its first match... (Read more)

Wrestling Ben Sheng/Spectator Staff Writer

In front of two supportive home crowds, the Lions (8-6, 5-5 EIWA) picked up a win in a 33-10 blowout... (Read more)

Fencing Kelly Reller/Spectator Staff Writer

After a top-notch campaign and an impressive record to show for it, the Columbia fencing team finished its regular season against NYU and Sacred Heart at Friday’s Historical Meet... (Read more)