Greetings, lovebirds! After yesterday's heavy snowfall and the resultant cancellation of classes (woot), expect your morning to be windy but mostly sunny. However, be prepared for snow tonight!
In Columbia news:
- SEAS is 150 years old! Engineering Week kicks off the celebrations.
- An assistant wrestling coach at Columbia traveled to Sochi to promote LGBT rights in sports.
- Almost 100 Columbia professors signed a letter protesting a New York State Assembly bill which looked to cut funding to institutions academically boycotting Israel.
Outside the bubble:
- A federal judge has struck down Virginia's ban on same-sex marriages.
- A Colorado woman who went missing after she returned from an around-the-world trip was reportedly found dead in San Antonio.
- A violent volcanic eruption in Indonesia has caused the evacuation of 100,000 people.
- Desmond Tutu is coming to Columbia! Register now.