V21014: Columbia Admirers, be ours?

It's late. You're up. Perhaps you should start a "Go to Sleep Before 1 a.m" sticker chart, and let us know how it goes.

Clogging our News Feeds: That's right, kids, Columbia Admirers is back for the week of Valentine's Day! The phrase "meet me in the stacks" is forever ruined, but we're excited to see some fresh material.

This day in Spec history: On Feb. 10, 1994, the administration considered changing the fall academic calendar to accommodate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year, and a fascinating debate about the balance of church and state ensued.

From the Twittersphere: Stephen Colbert makes some good points about the futility of teamwork and clichés.

There's no 'i' in team? Y not? We're Americans. We put man on moon. U think we can't put an 'i' in team? #Sochi2014

— The Colbert Report (@ColbertReport) February 10, 2014

Heard along the Ivy: Dartmouth's freshman application rate dropped by 14 percent this year, which Dartmouth blames on lower high school graduation rates. Sure.

The end: Brett West, the dad of Olympian and youngest member of the U.S. luge team Tucker West, tried to set up his son with a nice young lady... on live TV. Cringeworthy slash adorable.