A&E

Flaxo, aka Nick Perloff, releases new single

Nick Perloff, CC '16 and San Francisco native, is known nationwide as trap artist Flaxo---you may remember him winning the Campus DJ competition back in June. His remixes have garnered much attention, being used by the likes of Flosstradamus (sound familiar?), Baauer, and BBC Radio 1 Essentials Mix, according to the Vibe article published about him earlier this week. Not to mention the fact that Flaxo already has 20,000 fans on Facebook and over 1 million SoundCloud hits. Not too shabby!

Now Perloff is once again making a name for himself with his first single, "Erode," released on Monday and the first in a series of original songs. The song is his first to feature vocals, which are provided by NYU student Sophie Strauss. It's had great reception so far, with Vibe saying that Perloff is "innovating the genre by fusing it with trance and progressive elements."

Back in July, Perloff told Spectator in a Q&A that his interest in producing music started out by making "weird little mashups" on GarageBand after discovering dance music at a local festival. His work has only grown from there, and he is now in the works of collaborating with underground stars like Yellow Claw. Despite all this success, though, Perloff doesn't let it get to his head. He still does everything for his fans, striving to provide them with a quality experience and releasing all of his music for free on sites like SoundCloud.

Check out "Erode," then go listen to some of his other work here.

Not bad! I was very pleasantly surprised by the song

+1
+2
-1