Attempted rape outside 110th Street subway

Police are looking for a man suspected of trying to rape a woman at the 110th Street and Cathedral Parkway subway station on Jan. 4, according to an email sent earlier today by Barnard Public Safety.

According to the New York Police Department, the 36-year-old woman was exiting the subway at about 3:30 p.m. when the suspect came up behind her and pulled down her pants. The suspect fled when the woman—who was uninjured—began to scream.

The suspect is described as about 35 years old, 6 feet tall, and weighing 250 pounds, with a black cap, black sneakers, and a waist-length black jacket. See a sketch of the suspect here.

If you have any information regarding this attempted rape, contact the NYPD's Crime Stoppers through their hotline, 800-577-TIPS, or their website, www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.

Correction: An earlier version of this post failed to clarify at which 110th Street subway station the incident took place. Spectator regrets the error.

even the "corrected" story doesn't clarify which 110th street stop is in question, since cathedral parkway *is* 110th street. so saying "110th Street and Cathedral Parkway" is meaningless. please provide the cross avenue

+1
0
-1

It was not the Broadway station. It was in central Harlem.

+1
0
-1
anon posted on

Decribing what a criminal looks like including age, sex, race, physical features, is not, and should not be consisdered racist.

+1
0
-1
anon posted on

Because they did not want to appear "racist" and identify the assailant as "a young black male," yet again.

+1
0
-1
Curious posted on

Your description of the suspect is limited to what he was wearing. Why is that?

+1
0
-1
Anonymous's Twin posted on

It seems to have not been at the central Harlem (110th & Lenox) station either. Probably at 110th and CPW - opposite Cathedral Gardens - but this is not 100% clear from the reports.

+1
0
-1