Former SEAS student Tejraj Antooa died last month

In today's SEAS newsletter, Engineering Student Council President Tim Qin, SEAS '13, told students that former engineering student Tejraj Antooa died on Jan. 24. Antooa, a member of the class of 2013, left Columbia in the spring of 2012.

From the newsletter:

The Columbia University community recently suffered the loss of a former student, Tejraj Antooa. Tejraj, who was a member of the Columbia Engineering Class of 2013 until Spring of 2012, perished on January 23rd, 2013 near his home in Elmont, Long Island. Throughout his time at Columbia, Tejraj touched the lives of many members of our community. He was a leader of Columbia Model United Nations and the Hindu Students Organization, a participant in the Academic Success Program and a student of the Computer Science department. In Tejraj, Columbia has not only lost an active member of the community, but also a loyal, selfless, and compassionate friend. We would like to wish the best for his family and friends during this difficult time.

For counseling and grief services available, see after the jump.

Students can contact Counseling and Psychological Services at 212-854-2878 or 212-854-9797. Students can also contact Columbia–Barnard Nightline, an anonymous peer counseling hotline, from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. nightly at 212-854-7777; the Center for Student Advising at 212-854-6378; the Office of the University Chaplain at 212-854-1493; and Barnard's Rosemary Furman Counseling Center at 212-854-2092.

Note: An earlier version of this article stated that Antooa died on Jan. 23, as reported in the SEAS newsletter. The newsletter is incorrect; he died on Jan. 24.

Only got to know you for a little bit last year Tejraj, but you are a truly amazing guy. Rest in peace good sir.

+1
0
-1

Rest in peace, Tejraj. I just wish people had known about your passing sooner... May you rest in peace, you deserve it.

+1
0
-1

Loved you Tejraj, you were one of the best people I knew, and I am honored to have been your friend. May you rest in peace.

+1
0
-1
Carl The Gnarl posted on

Teach your Kid to Surf Wave Pools, the Olympics, and the Cold War was letting down their proverbial hair, buying bikinis, migrating beachward for some carefree sand time and hip-shaking to Jan and Dean.

+1
0
-1