News | Morningside Heights

Academy Award winning actor stopped-and-frisked outside Milano Market

Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker was stopped-and-frisked by an employee at Milano Market Friday, the New York Daily News reported.

According to the News, an employee at Milano stopped Whitaker as he was leaving the store, accusing him of shoplifting and patting him down.

“It was around lunchtime and the store was packed,” a Milano employee, who chose to remain anonymous, told the News. “We were like 50 people deep. The person walked in and out really quickly so our person just made a mistake. The employee apologized immediately. It was an honest mistake. I’ve been here 14 years and nothing like this has ever happened.”

Whitaker’s publicist, Jennifer Plante, told the News that Whitaker was disturbed by the employee’s behavior.

“This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli,” Plante said, adding that the store’s treatment of Whitaker was “inappropriate.”

According to Plante, Whitaker did not report the incident to the police because he did not want the employee to lose his job.

“Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner,” she said.

Milano Market employees declined to comment to Spectator on Saturday.

avantika.kumar@columbiaspectator.com | @avantikaku

The employee is sorry it happened to a public figure, he's not sorry he did it. It seems to be a common occurrence over there..

+1
+4
-1

This makes it sound like it has something, ANYTHING, to do with the NYPD's stop and frisk policy, which it DID NOT. Have you no journalistic integrity?

+1
+3
-1

Really? Because it used the words 'stopped' and 'frisked'? Jump to conclusions much?

+1
-9
-1

Private stores are allowed to frisk anyone they want if they have suspicion. I don't know what they big deal is. This is New York City.

+1
-2
-1

Let me guess...you've never been frisked. Try it sometime and see just how much fun it isn't.

+1
-1
-1
jack cav posted on

Too many bigots in the USA and the world. Its not limited to any culture, all minorities have racist views too. We are all the human race.

+1
0
-1
Jerry White posted on

I go to school in the area and have frequented this deli before, I have heard many racist jokes made behind the counter. Also did you notice not one black employee. SAD that they think sending money to charity is a good way to silence racism. That's almost worse than the original act. Did anyone notice owner said they usually call the cops not frisk, Why the frisk this time? Just an FYI for those that didn't notice..

+1
-2
-1
bjVkx posted on

Related Site discount provigil no prescription - buy provigil without prescription

+1
0
-1
BTuyH posted on

company website long do effects 2mg klonopin last - klonopin and anxiety attacks

+1
0
-1
pksgt posted on

visit site xanax pill identifier - just took 2mg xanax

+1
0
-1
OAUzzhvE posted on

buy valium from europe valium prescription drug - reversal medication valium

+1
0
-1
mdSIvy posted on

klonopin 2mg klonopin side effects drowsiness - klonopin qtc prolongation

+1
0
-1
NZfNcknp posted on

Go Here buy tramadol online fedex delivery - tramadol 50mg tablets identification

+1
0
-1
vXZiX posted on

valium online without presc lorazepam vs xanax vs valium - valium drug usage

+1
0
-1
NfOWyPSXG posted on

read more valium diazepam - valium for sale thailand

+1
0
-1
tKDGu posted on

click for source buy tramadol capsules - tramadol dosage in adults

+1
0
-1
xFUUA posted on

(visit site) order tramadol us pharmacy - buyers of tramadol

+1
0
-1
ZyYJk posted on

my company tramadol hcl pregnancy - tramadol 50 mg get you high

+1
0
-1