Sports | Tennis

Oklahoma State tops Lions tennis in second match of ITA Kick-Off Weekend

The Columbia women’s tennis team dropped its second and final contest of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Kick-Off Weekend with a 4-3 loss against Oklahoma State on Monday. At the close of the ITA Kick-Off Weekend, with most of the season yet to come, the Lions are 0-2. As part of the consolation bracket of the event, hosted by the University of Georgia, the No. 70 Lions and the No. 40 Cowgirls faced off for third place. In first singles, unranked Cowgirl Malika Rose defeated No. 24 senior Nicole Bartnik in three sets, 6-4, 4-6, 6-2. The Lions fared better in second and third singles. For second singles, Columbia junior Bianca Sanon, ranked No. 81 in the country, routed No. 89 Meghan Blevins, defeating her opponent in just two sets, 6-2, 6-3. Likewise, No. 85 freshman Kanika Vaidya topped her opponent, Cowgirl C.C. Sardinha, in two sets, 7-6, 6-1.

After winning the first set, Columbia freshman Lauren Stratman dropped the next two sets—both by a score of 6-4—as she fell to Oklahoma State’s Maria Alvarez in fourth singles. In fifth singles, Columbia sophomore Crystal Leung defeated her opponent in three sets, but in sixth singles, junior Ioana Alecsiu dropped her contest in only two sets. On the doubles side of the game, the No. 37 Columbia’s tandem of Sanon and junior Tiana Takenaga, competed in the first doubles slot, but fell 8-6 to Oklahoma State’s Rose and Kanyapat Narattana. Likewise, Oklahoma State’s second doubles duo handily defeated Bartnik and Leung 8-3. In third doubles, Lions Stratman and Vaidya secured a tight 8-7 victory over their opponents.

sports@columbiaspectator.com

ydYMCuuOI posted on

is it legal to buy valium online in uk valium side effects depression - 50 mg valium effects

+1
0
-1
cdeReYCm posted on

cheap valium australia how many valium pills to get high - lorazepam generic valium

+1
0
-1
LOSAbPcL posted on

is it legal to buy valium online uk cheap generic valium uk - buy valium online legally uk

+1
0
-1
ZqEPnrKJ posted on

go street value 30 mg adderall xr - adderall xr abuse potential

+1
0
-1
rMzCD posted on

cheap xanax online what is xanax high - buy generic xanax online no prescription

+1
0
-1
OOdjhb posted on

ambien price ambien overdose hallucinations - ambien 10 20 mg

+1
0
-1
zUFXf posted on

site web 9 mg ativan - 1mg lorazepam vs. 1mg xanax

+1
0
-1
OGEFpu posted on

cheap ambien ambien for sale online cheap - how to buy ambien no prescription

+1
0
-1