Don't let the festive lights and fun red Starbucks cups fool you. The time of darkness is quickly approaching. As the days get shorter and colder, and our sheets get cozier, it can be nearly impossible to get up and be productive. Here are some foolproof strategies for waking up to face the dreary winter days ahead.
1. Set your iHome alarm to the 1812 Overture at an astounding volume.
2. Leave your window slightly open, so you'll be able to hear the 8 a.m. "Tranformers"-esque drilling outside on the street.
3. Paint extended passages from Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" on the ceiling above your bed to guilt you into action.
4. Drink an unhealthy amount of water before bed each night. Your bladder's fury will be your new alarm clock.
5. Sign up for the same 9 a.m. class as your crush. Hopefully, the desperate drive not to die alone will overpower the comfort of your lonely bed.