Sports

BASKETBALL Lions at LIU—FINAL Blackbirds 70, Columbia 61

BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Down 27-21, Columbia rallied to tie the game. Down 37-31 Columbia rallied to tie the game. But down 47-41, the Lions could not rally again, and lost to LIU 70-61.

Down the stretch, the Blackbirds drew Columbia foul after Columbia foul, getting more than 20 more opportunities at the line than the Lions. Combined with good 50-percent shooting, they cruised over the last seven minutes.

At the half, the Blackbirds lead the Lions 24-19. Both teams have been pretty good defensively.

The Blackbirds are forcing Columbia to work its offense through players other than freshman guard Grant Mullins and senior guard Brian Barbour (who had nine of his team's first 10 points, but has not even attempted a shot since). Sophomore forward Alex Rosenberg is 0-5 from the field, and Columbia is 8-23, with all of its points coming from Barbour, Mullins, and senior center Mark Cisco.

Columbia struggled defensively when LIU passed the ball around quickly (the same tactic Villanova coach Jay Wright said the Lions used to great effect in their win over his Wildcats). The Blackbirds used two runs to score most of their points: At the beginning of the half, they scored eight points quickly, and again toward the end, they scored seven unanswered. They are 10-22 from the field, with nine assists on those 10 shots.

Columbia men's basketball (4-2) faces LIU Brooklyn (0-4) tonight. Both teams suffered big losses the last time they were in action, LIU to No. 8 Kentucky and the Lions at San Francisco. The Light Blue beat the Blackbirds in Manhattan last year, 73-63.

Check out our three keys to the game below. You can follow the action on Twitter @CUSpecSports.

1. Three-point shooting

The Blackbirds are only shooting 30 percent from beyond the arc while allowing their opponents to hit 50 percent of their three-point attempts. The Lions have the potential to be deadly from that range.

2. Active defense

The Lions have posted 10 or more steals twice this season. Last year, the Columbia defense was +11 in turnover differential. That sort of difference should come in handy in stopping LIU's offense, which has scored at least 74 points in all four games this season.

3. Keep energy up

The team may have been a little tired during its California swing, and as a result San Francisco was able to pull away. The Lions can't afford to let LIU's offense get up and running.

LIONS posted on

RAWWWWWWRRRRRR

+1
0
-1
jibxpkoqd posted on

锘縏he indexation rate is fixed 18 months in advance of a particular academic year thereby allowing you to plan your finances ahead of time. The University's intent is that fee rate increases will be kept to a minimum and that indexation rates will remain stable wherever possible. Since 2007 the indexation rate has remained at or less than Christian Louboutin Outlet 4%..

Data shows Washingtonians opposing school lottery proposal. Council turkey giveaways haven't exactly covered the District government in glory. But could the free bird pickups also be hazardous to your health? A lawsuit filed byMarion Barryprotege Red Bottom Shoes and former State Board of Education memberTrayon White today suggests so, with Whitesuing the city over some alleged Thanksgiving season police brutality..

The father of McLeod almost immediately posted notice of a $15,000 reward for anyone who can find the aircraft. Some nameless internet commentators quickly criticized that, suggesting that a Red Bottom Shoes reward might spur a private pilot to go ground spotting when he should be paying attention to his flying and thus cause another crash. It has happened in the past, but $15,000 didn't seem enough to tempt anyone to take much risk..

JARAMILLO STARTED HIS PERVERTED CRIME SPREE AT AN APARTMENT COMPLEX ON EUBANK. LATE LAST MONTH. POLICE SAY 5 KIDS WERE PLAYING OUTSIDE. Thought if I was going to try it, this was going to be the year, Calathes said. I saw a great opportunity. I won the MVP on the Eurocup last year.

It's funny, sure, but it's being weird and wacky on purpose. They're Norwegian comedians making a joke that in their words was "a stupid thing," but people seemed to think they were playing it completely straight. It would be like a Norwegian watching Lonely Island videos and coming away thinking, "Oh, that crazy American music industry, always obsessing over boats and putting their penises in boxes.".

Beginning Jan. 1, 2016, Boeing will make cash contributions each pay period to employees' retirement savings through a new defined contribution component of the 401(k) plan. All benefits earned in the current traditional pension plan prior to the transition will be paid to Christian Louboutin Red Bottom Booties New Season Peep toe Apertured Camel Shoes employees in retirement, and the company will continue to match employee savings in an existing 401(k) plan..

MoreNBCUniversal may, but has no obligation to, monitor your use of the online services. MoreYou grant us a broad license to content you post on our online services and bear all responsibility for all such content. No confidential or fiduciary relationship is created by your posting on our online services.

+1
0
-1