CC alum Gelseigh Karl-Cannon dies

According to a report by the Denver Westword, Gelseigh Karl-Cannon, CC '11, has been determined to be the victim of a crash that took place on Tuesday in Denver, Colorado.

Gelseigh was an environmental studies major and helped to start 4Local during her time at Columbia, which she spoke about in her Senior Spotlight in 2011.

Mark posted on

Gelseigh, I miss you terribly. You were a walking example of the word "presence". Being together it was obvious you got profoundly more out of every experience than me. I'm so happy to have known you. Now each minute wasted feels like an insult to you. Everyone was so much better off having met you.

+1
0
-1
dqueezy posted on

i remember meeting this girl during my freshman year. she was so welcoming, sweet, and energetic. i wish i could have gotten to know her better and i am so terribly sorry to her friends and family.

+1
0
-1
Yanyi Luo posted on

Gelseigh: I don't even remember which class we met in, but I will always remember running into you sporadically on College Walk after that, having fledgling conversations about printmaking and food. We weren't best friends and haven't spoken since you graduated, but you had such a presence. Rest in peace.

+1
0
-1
abs posted on

her spirit will never leave this earth

+1
0
-1
rakhi's picture
rakhi posted on

I miss you.

+1
0
-1

Shame, she had a great vibrant personality. She will be missed.

+1
0
-1
Major posted on

bookmarked!!, I love your website!

Si por cualquier raz

+1
0
-1