Staying together and pushing boundaries

Good morning Columbia! Here's what you should look at bright and early on this fine Tuesday.

Read this: Three members of the women's basketball team who played together at their high school in Los Angeles are reunited at Columbia. [Sports]

Know this: The Office of Civic Action and Engagement’s Alternative Break Program has provided grants for four alternative spring break trips. [News]

Here's more: The upcoming Lunar Gala will look to push boundaries and distance itself from cultural clichés. [A&E]

In this week's Tech Etiquette, Arvin Ahmadi writes about the importance of magnitude and thinking big. [Opinion]

Weather: Mostly sunny with temperature in the 40s.

Event of the day: Today, the University will host a town hall at 8 p.m. in the Earl Hall Center Auditorium and will provide an opportunity to discuss issues relating to the reported NYPD surveillance of Muslim student organizations. University Chaplain Jewelnel Davis will facilitate the discussion, and Provost John Coatsworth, several school deans, student affairs deans and members of the Chaplain’s Council will also participate. CUID only; seating limited. You can RSVP here.