Best Of: Super Sunday

Floor lounges and local sports bars might cut the mustard on any other Sunday, but this is the Super Bowl—take your football revelry downtown for a more exciting (and delicious) experience at one of these spots.

Gallagher's Steakhouse
Stop by Gallagher’s Steakhouse, located at 228 W. 52nd St. by Broadway, for a pre-Super Bowl lunch. The renowned chophouse is celebrating the Giants’ post-season streak with a special prix fixe menu, the “Big Blue Power Lunch.” Notable choices include the Eli Manning Man-Eater Big Blue Burger and the Bradshaw and Brandon Beef Tenderloin and Asparagus Salad. This three course treat comes in at $32.

Housing Works
Football fans with a bookish twist can head down to Housing Works, at 126 Crosby St. by E. Houston St., for what might be the only Super Bowl party held in a bookstore. With $12 Pabst buckets, a wall-sized projected picture, and a mission to support AIDS sufferers, Housing Works is providing a nice fusion of novelty and game day tradition.

The Cannibal
Thanks to The Cannibal, at 113 E. 29th St. between Park and Lexington avenues, you don’t have to choose between booze and dead animals. Enjoy both with the Hellen’s Angel cocktail­—smoked-pork-fat-washed bourbon and pineapple juice—or craft beers for the less adventurous. Either way, diners can cheer for the home team with 50-inch HDTVs and $11 fine sausages among other hearty dishes.

Standings Bar
Advanced beer snob cum football fans will appreciate this gimmick: Standings Bar, located at 43 E. Seventh St. near Second Avenue, serves up microbrews shipped from the homes of visiting teams. Drinking a pint of Shipyard Applehead wheat ale, brewed in Portland, Maine, might be the only excusable form of support that a Giants fan can give New England—its light, apple cinnamon flavor transcends geography, especially when accompanied by free pizza.