A&E

Lineup set for Athena Film Festival

Event organizers have announced the slate of films to be shown next month during the second Athena Film Festival at Barnard. Films to be screened include The Whistleblower, Wish Me Away, Black Butterflies, and HBO's Gloria: In Her Own Words. The closing film of the festival will be The Lady. (Links go to the films' trailers).

Also coming to Barnard for the film festival: celebrities! Attendees will include Whistleblower star Rachel Weisz, screenwriter Diablo Cody (of Juno), and movie producer Rachel Horovitz. Also attending will be Broadway director Julie Taymor, who helmed the stage version of The Lion King.

The festival will run February 9-12. Movies will be shown in the Diana Center, as well as in Miller Theatre, Barnard Hall, and Altschul. For more information you can visit the festival's web site.

Shekhar posted on

Richard,Looks like you found something cool to do a film fvtiseal! WOW. Hope you take it on the road and come to Columbus, OH. Congratulations, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!Best regards,Bob

+1
0
-1
Bryana posted on

I was siaechrng on bing when I found your site. So much of what you say is true. I got alot from this post, I'm going to add your rss feed to my Google reader. Thanks!

+1
0
-1