Columbia's Early Decision admissions rate this year is 20.4 percent

More statistics have been made available concerning Ivy League early admissions rates this year. Columbia's admissions rate this year is 20.4 percent, up from 19.6 percent a year ago. Columbia Admissions accepted 631 students, deferred 554, and rejected 3088. To those accepted, congratulations, to those deferred or rejected, best of luck. Here's a graphic with all the admission statistics other Ivies have made available.

Anon posted on

And you are not correct either. 1396- 631= 765 places left in Columbia's combined undergrad schools of the College and Engineering.
+1
0
-1
Anon posted on

The statement above is correct. There are about 350 places left. No one said anything about acceptance rates. And Columbia has 100% acceptance rates of its ED candidates, as it is binding.
+1
0
-1

ˆtotal noob dongzzhong
+1
0
-1
Kumiko posted on

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff proveius to and you are just extremely great. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific site.
+1
0
-1

Yeah who knows... idiot
+1
0
-1
dongzzhong posted on

It says Columbia rejected 3088, but it only got 3088 application in total. Also 631/3088 would get the 20.4 admission, right. Just something to note. Thanks for the update through. I was personally deferred this year, so the data makes me a little more confident. At least, when compared with Yale and Harvard's near 60% deferral rates. By the way, I love the newspaper and have been reading if for a while to get a feel of the school. I can't wait until march when I get my final decision.
+1
0
-1

You're assuming 100% yield for regular decision applicants, which is almost certainly not the case. Harvard has the second-highest yield of of any school (next to Brigham Young), and their yield is less than 75%, if I remember correctly.
+1
0
-1
Anon2 posted on

LOL you are right, i subtracted his incorrect amount of 350 posited by the OP instead of the 631 mentioned in the article. sorry, late nights lol
+1
0
-1
Uh posted on

So 26.2% and 25.4% both equal about 19%? You might want to take a closer look at Penn...
+1
0
-1

what is this comment even saying.
+1
0
-1
Wow posted on

Impressive switcharoo. I salute you, Spectrum!
+1
0
-1
Anon posted on

So basically there are about 350 places left out of probably 35,000 regular decision applications. Good Luck!
+1
0
-1
Ike posted on

Speaking of numbers, the chart is listing early admission acceptance rates, not percent of applications, correct? By the way, I'm in the same deferral boat as you, dongzzhong. Good luck in March :)
+1
0
-1
Silke posted on

Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to exchange strategies with others, please shoot me an e-mail if interested. my web-site Vernon Brookshire
+1
0
-1
Shelton posted on

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back very soon. I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice morning! My web site ... Dora Brownsword
+1
0
-1
Lyndon posted on

Usually I don't learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great post. Also visit my blog ... cenaless funciona
+1
0
-1
Sylvester posted on

Terrific work! That is the type of info that are meant to be shared across the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this submit higher! Come on over and consult with my site . Thank you =) Also visit my blog post: Mechelle Puc
+1
0
-1
Bernd posted on

Thanks for finally talking about > Columbia
+1
0
-1
Carmen posted on

I enјoy what you guyѕ tend tο be up too. Such clever woгk and covеrage! Keep up the fantаstіc ωorks guуs I've added you guys to blogroll. Here is my web site turbo force em salvador [Carmen]
+1
0
-1
Grover posted on

obviously like your web-site but you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to inform the truth then again I'll certainly come back again. Stop by my blog post ... cat run
+1
0
-1