Sports

Columbia football defeats Brown 35-28

A lot was written this week about the marching band in relation to Columbia football, but today the action returned to Baker Field. The Lions have had a rather disappointing season thus far, but today they caused a huge upset while fighting Brown to the death, and triumphed 35-28 in double overtime to close out the season on a high.

The Light Blue avoided its first winless season since 1987 thanks to the result, and now ends the season 1-6 in the Ivy League, and 1-9 overall.

More often than not, the Lions have let themselves down in the third quarter, but today was different. They trailed the visitors 21-7 at halftime, and put on a strong display in the fourth quarter to tally 14 points after a scoreless third period. They then secured the win in double overtime when they stopped Brown from converting a fourth and goal from the one.

The liveblog from the game is available here. Check back later for a full recap.

YAY!!!! posted on

YAY!!!!!! TOTALLY DESERVED.

+1
0
-1
Stephen posted on

AWESOME!

+1
0
-1
Spiderboy posted on

Hey, Columbia and Princeton finish the season with identical records (1-6 Ivy, 1-9 overall). Misery loves company!

+1
0
-1
CC'13 posted on

Yes! We have the potential, but our boys need a new coach.

Way to go Lions!

+1
0
-1
Anon posted on

Congratulations! Everyone was behind you! Go Lions! Go Marching Band! This is what happens when everyone is positive.

+1
0
-1
GS'14 posted on

Holy crap, congrats lions!

+1
0
-1