Sports

Honestly, what did you expect? Three quick thoughts on Harvard beating the Lions

So let's be real for a second—did you really think the winless Lions would beat the undefeated in Ivy play Crimson? If you're not a football player, the answer is probably not. And that's okay, cause I'm right there with you. Turns out we were right as Harvard beat the Lions 35-21, in a game that was a lot closer in the first half than the second. The loss brings this years Lions one step closer to infamy with an 0-10 season, as they're now 0-8 and have lost their last nine games dating back to last year. Simply put, this entire situation stinks. But let's just dig right in, three quick thoughts follow after the jump.

1. Fast start, slow finish

Starting out with the ball for the first time all year seemed to be a blessing, as the Lions drove right down the field and took a 7-0 lead—a beautiful start against a team that's creamed Ivy opponents all season. After Harvard tied the game at seven, Ross Morand returned an interception 87 yards for a touchdown—good for a 14-7 lead. Yes, Harvard then tied it up at 14 but the point still stands that the Lions came out ready to battle. But...then the wheels came off in the third quarter and I started having flashbacks to Cavs teams of yesteryear when LeBron wouldn't play well in the third quarter instead of the fourth. So I guess Harvard made halftime adjustments on defense that the Lions couldn't counter on offense, and that was probably the biggest difference in this game.

2. Harvard is really good

You look at the box score and you can tell just how good this team is. They were efficient and effective early and often against the Lions, and that was another big difference. Their quarterback, Collier Winters, threw for 323 yards, three touchdowns and an interception, completing 66 percent of his passes in the process. When the losing team leads the time of possession by nearly five minutes yet still loses by 14 points, it means the players and coaches are both working to their full potential. And with as good as Harvard has been this season, it's no surprise that the Lions just couldn't compete in the second half.

3. Just keep plugging away...

Honestly, there's nothing else for the Lions to do. It's obviously been a disappointing season, and it's probably getting pretty tough to not only play the games but go out to practice every day. But the thing is, football is supposed to be fun. And while there is nothing "fun" about an 0-8 record, college football should be played for the love of the game, and not because it feels like it's a job. So here's hoping the Lions will put things together, have a little fun in practice and then have a lot of fun next week up north in Cornell.

Aicha posted on

i managed to find this album(which doesn't even have its own wpkiiedia arcticle),in the vinyl section of Tower Records along with Drive Like Jehu's self titled.It was really exciting because i thought the only way to find music like that in Ireland was online.Now i know they acctually have all the good music on Vinyl when it comes to Music stores,i will buy myself a turntable,return to Tower Records and buy those two Records.because everything sounds better on Vinyl!

+1
0
-1
rg pelletreau posted on

Is there any truth to the rumor that Norries is about to call a press conference to announce his resignation?

+1
0
-1
Anon posted on

You're a jerk.

+1
0
-1
HAHA posted on

hahahah ohhhhh football team. useless off AND on the field.

+1
0
-1
krfvawstf posted on

锘緿ungeons? Monsters? On Screen action? Cerebal challenge? Maps? Polygons? This game, on paper, is pure perfection. Doom is for idiots. AD is for the Christian Louboutin Shoes hardcore. cheap oakleys free shipping 3. Celtic Crossing and drink best consumed outside? Tacos, hot dogs, agua frescas, and cold adult beverages: Check. Quality people watching? The doorstep of a revived Overton Square: Check.

GOAL 1 Meet PeopleThe above goal "meet people" has a lot of problems with it. First, it definitely not a SMART goal. Second, it unclear as to how this goal is a professional development goal. To flick between the myriad options within Game Day mode, where numerous live stats and tables can be picked up and put down, feels like an innovation that should be available to cricket. In the past ten years, Sky, in particular, has been innovative in bringing new technology and graphics to its cricket coverage. But the next step is to employ BAM's customisation and let viewers choose their camera angle, pull up a wagon wheel or a Hawk Eye projection.

The preliminary investigation suggested he was not wearing a seat belt.As officers were investigating that accident, a vehicle failed to stop at any of the barricades and police tape and ran into a patrol car near several officers."That woman was highly inebriated and booked for DUI," Strader said.There were no injuries in the second crash and only minor damage to the patrol car. Christian Louboutin Red Bottom Boots Simple Chestnut Suede 160mm Pumps In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.

Anyone trying to show off how smart they are succeeds, but not in the way they think. Thinking frequently goes wrong for them. Especially when they're using the most annoying noise in the English language. Outdoor systems require specialized materials, sizing, and fastening methods to withstand the extreme temperature variations and direct exposure to sunlight. To provide a cleaner look, many facilities are closing in the backs of the dasher boards. Although spectator side paneling is typically white and 3/8 thick, some facilities use different colors and or thicknesses for their spectator side paneling..

They went into Los Angeles on Sunday and lost 123 78 to the Red Bottom Shoes Clippers, moved up to Oakland on Monday and were edged 123 80 by Golden State. According to stats sites, it was the first time a team had lost consecutive games by at least 43 points since get this! the 1994 Philadelphia 76ers . There was a time when next week matchup between the Nets and Lakers would have been seen as a big TV game.

+1
0
-1