Opinion | Op-eds

Put the president in his place

I am objecting to the lecture which was hosted by the Harriman Institute yesterday.

While I fully respect the right of the Harriman Institute to invite speakers of its choice, I believe that the title of the lecture, “An American Foreign Policy Success Story: The Dayton Accords, Republika Srpska, and Bosnia’s European Integration,” begs several serious questions of the organizers (The Republika Srpska is one of two political entitites in Bosnia and Herzegovina).

The question of how Republika Srpska—with its record of a policy of extermination (a fact established in numerous International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia judgements) of its non-Serb citizens and continuing human rights abuses—can constitute “an American foreign policy success,” I leave to the relevant U.S. officials. While understanding how the Dayton Peace Accord can be seen as a success in the fact that it ended the war, I think that Richard Holbrooke’s statement that allowing Republika Srpska to continue to exist was the greatest mistake of the Dayton Peace Process sums up what a “success” it was.

However, I am not sure whether the organizers of this event at the Harriman Institute are aware that they are inviting a denier of the Srebrenica genocide to speak about Bosnia-Herzegovina’s integration into the European Union. Namely, Milorad Dodik, in his capacity as Republika Srpska’s prime minister and now president, has repeatedly denied—contrary to the judgements of the International Court of Justice, ICTY and the Declaration of the European Parliament—the Srebrenica genocide in statements like these: “Bosnian Serbs will never accept that the 1995 Srebrenica massacre was genocide,” (in Apr. of 2010) or “[The international community is attempting] to impose responsibility for the genocide—which did not happen—on an entire nation, and to keep quiet and intimidate all those who have a different understanding about the crime which happened in Srebrenica” (in Dec. of 2010).

It is baffling that Dodik would be invited to such a respected institution and provided with an outlet to voice his revisionist and hostile propaganda which is greatly damaging long-term stability in Bosnia and the region. However, drawing on the parallel of the invitation to the Iranian president Ahmadinejad to speak at Columbia as a gesture encouraging dialogue, the least the Harriman Institute can do is adopt the same policy and acknowledge Dodik’s denial of Srebrenica genocide.

Secondly, Dodik needs to be understood to be a politician who relentlessly tries to undermine Bosnia-Herzegovina’s efforts to prosecute war crimes at the State Court. His actions against the State Court included a campaign of virulent public attacks, culminating in an openly racist statement in December 2008: “…it is unacceptable for the RS that Muslim judges try us [Serbs] and throw out complaints that are legally founded.”

A number of Human Rights Reports of the US Department of State document Dodik’s concerted efforts to undermine the State Court’s ability to investigate and prosecute, while OSCE’s “Report on the Independence of Bosnia and Herzegovina Judiciary” from December 2009 identifies Dodik’s actions as “clear interference in the ongoing criminal investigations.”

Without going into Milorad Dodik’s politics, which have contributed to further divisions and Bosnia’s stagnation on the road to inclusion in the EU, his record of genocide denial and damage to Bosnia-Herzegovina’s capacity to conduct war crime trials at the state level must not be ignored by Columbia University. If Dodik is to be given a platform from which to present his views, he must be asked why and on what basis he denies facts about Srebrenica genocide established beyond reasonable doubt by international courts and investigative bodies, and what his motives are for undermining the country’s capacity to try war crimes. If the Harriman Institute does not make an ongoing effort to address these questions, then its motives for providing him with high-profile public platform must also be questioned.

The author is the director of communications at the International Center for Transnational Justice.

Its funny when bosnians write articles like this, and then they act surprised when bosnian serbs don't want to be part of the theocracy in sarajevo..... This topic has been done a 100 times, you live in NY, i am sure you have serbian friends, i am sure they are no more if they read this crap.... 

+1
0
-1
mismoizbosne posted on

If you are uninterested in the topic I am sure you don't have to read it. 

+1
-4
-1

Note that Bosnia's Croat community has indicated some approval for the stance taken by Dodik.

+1
+4
-1

I second this opinion.  Although Bosnia is a small country, people need to know the truth about the genocide.  People like Branislav think that if they just keep lying about what happened that it will become truth.  There can be no peace and reconciliation without justice, and until Serbs like Branislav admit the agression and genocide against Bosniaks, these protests and articles will not stop.  Bosniaks will not allow their country to be torn apart by Serbian ultra-nationalis who are now practicing revisionist history to justify their sick agenda.

+1
+2
-1

"Lying" as the false claims of 200,000-350,000 killed during that war and the gross lie of tens of thousands raped.

Likewise, the claim of a figure near or greater than 7,000 Muslim males summarily executed at Srebrenica is (put mildly) quite dubious.

Telling half truths and outright lies is a Bosnian Muslim nationalist specialty.

+1
-5
-1

Alija Izetbegovic ISLAMIC DECLARATION (MANIFESTO) / ISLAMSKA DEKLARACIJA:
  There
can be no coexistence between Islamic faith and non-Islamic social structures.
There is, therefore, no secular principle... The Islamic movement must and can
take over power as soon as it is morally and numerically strong enough, not
only to destroy the non-Islamic power, but to build up a new Islamic one.' 

+1
-3
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

And in your mind this supposed declaration was a green light for the Serbs to start slaughtering Bosnian civilians in the Bosnian Genocide? This supposed declaration gave the Serbs permission to kill thousands of Bosnian children? Your statement is a non sequitur. Hitler used the supposed "Zionist protocols" to justify the Holocaust and as with your case it simply doesn't work - genocide can never be justified. 

+1
+7
-1

Islamic Declaration was written by a Serb muslim, Alija Izetbegovic, published in 1976 in Belgarde by "Srpska Rec" (Serbian Word) publishing house. Alija Izetbegovic was an agent of the state of Serbia, who signed off half of the territory of UN-member state Republic of Bosnia and HErzegovina to the aggressor contrary to the domestic and international law.

+1
+3
-1

I think it is a fundamentalist Bosnian Muslim propagandist like the author of this article and you that are still in denial that there was a civil war in former Yugoslavia of which Bosnia was a part and you denial of rights of Christians (Serbs and Croats) to live their lives in peace. The war in Bosnia was an ugly war where there are no innocent parties. All the parties to the conflict commited atrocities and did what we call ethnic cleansing.  The fact is the Serbs in Bosnia do not deny those atrocities and have apologizedf for them including President of Republika Srpska. Individuals responsible for those crimes have been arrested and some of them are in the jail and others on trial.

It is the refusal of Muslims to arrest Muslims that committed atrocities against Serbs and Croats during the war that is hampering the progress towards reconciliation. It is continued denial by Bosnian Muslims that they commited atrocities against Serbs and Croats and their refusal to apologize for those crimes that continues to hamper progress in Bosnia.

In addition Muslim threats of war and discrimination and opression of Christian population that is putting in a question the mere existence of a state. Republika Srpska (majority population Serbs) is a more stable entity of two entities in Bosnia. The other entity Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (majority population Muslims sometimes also called Bosniacs and Croats)is currently in turmoil as the agreement between Muslims and Croats on power sharing agreement a year since elections is in a serious limbo.

+1
-3
-1

Great article!!! Institutions that consider themselves respectable need to make clear that the views of some of their guests, such as Dodik's genocide denial do not fall into what can be considered acceptable and civilized types of behavior.

+1
+1
-1

"Great article" for anti-Serb propagandists.

+1
0
-1

Really Rob? So if you were that Croat/Serb/Bosniak that got raped or killed would u think of this as "great article" ive lost to much family because of this war. AND I AINT LETTING THESE SERBS TAKE OVER MY LAND...... BECAUSE THIS GUY NEEDS TO GET REPLACED ASAP!

+1
-2
-1

I have Serbian friends and family members, I come from an ethnically mixed background, but above all I consider myself Bosnian. It baffels my mind as to how and why Milorad Dodik, some RS citizens, and Branislav can deny the Srebrenica masacarre as being genocide. It is what it is. It is the truth, innocent civilians got murdered! The only way we can move forward as a nation is for the perpitrators to admit that they commited a crime, to apologize for it...basically to be men and own what they have done. That way, families and other Bosnian citizens can have some closure and move on. For example, Germany admited to the holocaust, apologized, and now the country has moved on from WWII. It also baffels me why RS citizens support a crminal such as Milord Dodik who has spend $13 million on lobbying campaigns in the USA while his citizens battle unemployment and even hunger. Why don't you vote for someone who does not have a criminal background and who will actually improve your standard of living?

+1
+2
-1

Put mildly: from a reasoned and fact based perspective, the claim of 7,000 or more Muslim males being rounded up and summarily executed at Srebrenica remains quite questionable. During the Bosnian Civil War of the last decade, Serbs and non-Serbs died in and around the Srebrenica area as “collateral damage”, armed combatants, in addition to the war crime of summary execution – the latter which should (for accuracy and justice’s sake) be reviewed and prosecuted in as detailed an objective manner as possible.

Among Bosnian Muslim nationalists, there have been instances of trumping up casualty figures for propaganda purposes. That propaganda tactic served to encourage foreign intervention on the side that was militarily losing.

FYI, the Bosnian Muslim nationalists appear to have corrupt elements

+1
-3
-1

How about  Sacirbey or Caco and Celo? 

+1
-3
-1

For that matter, how about some of thee pious Bosnian Muslim nationalist organizations and their concerted efforts to stunt discussion with half truths and outright fallacies like this letter: 
http://www.columbiaspectator.c...

Note the comments section below.For that matter, how about some of thee pious Bosnian Muslim nationalist organizations and their concerted efforts to stunt discussion with half truths and outright fallacies like this letter:

http://www.columbiaspectator.c... Note the comments section below. The Bosnian Muslim nationalists placed an article and letter in the Columbia school paper. The above letter essentially brags of having succeeded in hijacking a planned event at the University of British Columbia. 

+1
-7
-1

Pardon the stilted writing in the above. The posting system didn't permit a clear view of what was written before submitting.

+1
+2
-1

I have not heard President od Republika Srpska denying crimes. Did he say that in his speach? No he has not.
In fact Serbs have repeteadly apologized for the crimes that individuals have commited, but yet we have not heard any Muslim leader apologizing for crimes commited against Serbs and Croats in Bosnia.

President of Serbia and of Republika Srpska have repeatadly apologized for crimes in Srebrenica (Tadic and Cavic). We have not yet heard Muslim leader apologizing for about three thousand Serbs killed in villages around Srebrenica that preceeded Serbian attack on Srebrenica nor other atrocities across Bosnia.

Serbs and Croats in Bosnia have moved on, it is a wartime leaders in Muslim leadership that continue to talk abot new war and attack anyone who will think differently than they do.

+1
-4
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

He is on record denying the genocide and has done everything in his power to spread denial and misinformation about the Bosnian Genocide. Until the Bosnian Serb leadership recognizes the genocide, apologized for it, and makes the appropriate amends true progress in reconciliation will sadly not be possible. 

+1
+3
-1

This is the reason why Bosnia will get nowhere as a country as nearly 15 years after the started by the muslims of Bosnia but are always playing the victim. Just ask the Croats who make up the other half of muslim-croat federation how they feel living being ruled by Sarajevo and they'll answer they can't wait to leave. And the nerve of some of these muslims who's grandfathers fought alongside the Nazi's have the nerve to point the finger at the Serbs who fought valiantly against all odds against the Nazi's is disgusting.

+1
+2
-1
mismoizbosne posted on

Who is playing the victim? If Bosniaks were victims they have the need to say so. 
You, Eric, seem to me like a person who denies the Genocide. 
Listen: It has happened. People died. Country was divided. Someone needs to be held responsible. 
For sure you know of everything that has happened in WWII. "Serbs who fought valiantly against all odds against the Nazi's".  Wow! Eric they should be heroes! "Valiantly". "Against all odds". Such words!!! Tell me more!  Eric, you speak as someone who has all of the knowledge of this World. You should run for president of your country. Or be placed in the Guinness Book of World Records. 

+1
-3
-1

Anti-Serb propaganda aside, what happened during the Bosnian Civil War was noriceably different from what the Nazis did during WW II.

+1
+4
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

Misha, there was no "Bosnian civil war". There was an aggression on Bosnia-Herzegovina from Serbia-Montenegro which was supported by rebel Bosnian Serbs. This aggression led to the Serb forces committing genocide against the Bosnian people. The Serb's carried out the biggest genocide in Europe since the NAZI's committed the Holocaust in WWII. 

+1
-2
-1

Recycled nonsense as the raw evidence conclusively reveals.

Some of the latter is noted below this thread.

Among other things, you downplay pro-Izetbegovic terror, the Croat factor, as well as Muslims who were supportive of Fikret Abdic.

+1
-1
-1

Make that: throughout this thread, regarding raw evidence, non-evidence and practical observation of reasonable doubt which conerns much of the pro-Bosnian Muslim nationalist claims.

+1
+3
-1

...

In 2007, the ICJ rejected charges of genocide claimed against Serbia by the Bosnian Muslim Muslim nationalist dominated government in Sarajevo.
 The ICJ matter in question states “Serbia has not committed genocide, through its organs or persons whose acts engage its responsibility under customary international law,” says the verdict. In addition there's the stated Serbia has “not conspired to commit genocide, nor incited the commission of genocide” and “has not been complicit in genocide." Based on the actual decision, any claims for payment of compensation is rejected. 

+1
-1
-1

Most of the people do not understand what former Yugoslavia was before the 1992 war in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Majority of Croatian citizens are actual Croatians and in Serbia Serbians. in BIH you have three nationalities adding jews, italians, german and other slavic nations. My point is, Croats and Serbs have their motherland, but Bosniaks do not. We were alright living together until the war, that was started by Serbs. And there is no need to bring up who fought on whose side during the WWII, we know who are the Cetniks and Ustasas!

+1
+1
-1
mismoizbosne posted on

That's why they say Bosniaks should go back to Turkey. They seem to think Bosniaks are Turkish. 
I don't like how sometimes people are reffered to as Bosnian Muslims, Bosnian Croats and Bosnian Serbs. If they are going to define people by their religion they should say for everyone: Muslim, Catholic, Orthodox, Atheist, Jew, Buddhist, Hindu, Rasta, multi-faith, etc. And then add Bosnian Croat (religion), Bosnian Serb (religion), etc. which makes it more complicated. So people who are in Bosnia should be referred to as Bosnian no matter their religious background. If someone wishes to be called a Croat or a Serb... they know where to go. 

+1
+7
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

The Bosnian Kingdom existed in the 11th century and it had Bosnian Kings and Queens. Bosnia as an has existed for a millennium as an independent kingdom, an autonomous Ottoman province, and autonomous Austro-Hungarian province, a Yugoslav Republic, and finally as a fully independent and sovereign country. The Bosnian people are native inhabitants of Bosnia-Herzegovina. The one and only historical and present homeland of the Bosnian people is the independent and sovereign country of Bosnia-Herzegovina. The Bosnian people have survived a terrible genocide in the 1990s and have a right to a democratic national homeland in which they can live in peace and be protected from further violence and discrimination. That is why nationalist/fascist politicians like Mr. Dodik who openly deny the Bosnian Genocide and threaten the Bosnian people with discrimination and possible renewed violence are seen as grave threats that need to be taken seriously. Mr. Dodik's policies present a danger to peace and stability in Bosnia-Herzegovina and the wider region and the international community needs to take that threat seriously and work in concert to minimize that threat before we see a return to political instability and violence. Attempting to show Mr. Dodik in a positive light when in fact many Bosnian and independent international observers have clearly stated that he has played a very negative role in Bosnia's post-war and post-genocidal recovery sends wrong signals and will not help the Bosnian people or serve American interests in the Balkans. Radical and hateful genocide-denying politicians like Mr. Dodik should be isolated and their dangerous policies and failings as leaders need to be clearly pointed out by all respectable institutions that unfortunately choose to host them as guest.

+1
-3
-1

Izetebgovic Sr and JR are nationalist, hateful politicians, whose supporters lie.

+1
+4
-1

"Bosnians"  Anno Domini Iesu Christi 1000 were Serbs, King Tvrtko, for example.  The Ottomans arrived 400 years later. The Austrian telephone books today have many people name Wosner; this means Christian Bosnians. Bosnians who were not Christian were called Turks.  

+1
-2
-1

The Italian geographical term "Bosnia" has been adopted in many countries. In Serbo-Croatian the name is BOSNA. "Bosniaco / bosniaca" is an adjective qualifying anyone or thing from or pertaining to "Bosnia", people, goods, horses....  The Bosnian Kingdom, of the 11th century, with its Bosnian Kings and Queens, was demonstrably Serb. Austrian and Italian records call Muslims of post-1400 Bosnia "Turks".

+1
+2
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

JPM, with all due respect your statements are inaccurate. The Bosnian Kingdom was ruled by Bosnian Kings and Queens who never identified themselves as being anything other then Bosnians. It is Serb propaganda that keeps telling people that they were "Serbs" which is completely inaccurate. The Bosnian people lived in Bosnia since the country became a Kingdom in the 10th century. Among the Bosnian people were Catholics, Orthodox, and members of an autonomous Bosnian Church. They all considered themselves Bosnians using the name "Bosnjanin" do describe themselves. They never described themselves as being anything other than Bosnjanin and that is the term that they used when the Ottomans occupied the Balkans in the 15th century. Later on during the Austro-Hungarian occupation many Bosnian Catholics and Bosnian Orthodox as well as well as Christians who were settled in Bosnia-Herzegovina during the Ottoman occupation started identifying itself as "Croats" and "Serbs" as they started to identify with the Catholic Croats living in Croatia and Orthodox Serbs living in Serbia while others continued to identify themselves as Bosnians. Most Bosnians who converted to Islam during the Ottoman occupation continued to identify as Bosnians. Before the Ottoman conquest almost all citizens of Bosnia-Herzegovina were Christians who identified themselves as Bosnians while after the occupation most Christian Bosnians started to identify themselves with Croats and Serbs while Bosnian Muslims continued to identify themselves as Bosnians. We see this pattern in Bosnia-Herzegovina today where most Bosnian Muslims and a sizable minority of Bosnian Christians and Bosnian Orthodox identify themselves as Bosnians by ethnicity and nationality while most Bosnian Christians refer to themselves as Croats and Bosnian Orthodox refer to themselves as Serbs. Bosnia-Herzegovina has always been a multi-religious state and today it is a multi-ethnic state as well where the majority of people are Bosnians while Bosnian Serbs, Bosnian Croats, as well Bosnian Jews and Bosnian Roma form sizable minorities.

+1
-1
-1

Everybody in the Balkans and in all Europe called Muslims "Turks" Even in India the Muslim Mongols (Mughals) are still called "Turks". Last month (September 20101, Reis Mustafa Cerić, at inauguration of renovated mosque at Rogatica on 2 September 2006, proposed that Bosniaks again call themselves "Turks", out of historical memory and destiny and the Islamic identity brought to them by the Turks. On 25 March 2008, on the occasion of prime Minister Erdogan, Ceric again said: "Turkey is our  motherland." See Oslobedjenje newspaper Sarajevo, September 2011.  

+1
+5
-1

correction: remove from 2nd sentence the beginning "Last month (September 20101". The reference is to the paper Oslobedjenje article of that month.

+1
-6
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

So by your "logic" Serbs are Russians because they are Orthodox Christians? Makes little to no sense I'm afraid. Religions and nationality/ethnicity are two separate things. Italians and Austrians are both Roman Catholics yet they are different national groups. Russians, Greeks, Serbs, and Ethiopians are Orthodox Christians yet they are different national groups. The Bosnian people are native to Bosnia-Herzegovina and they are a separate national group from all other national groups in the world.

+1
+1
-1

The Chetniks of Draza Mihailovic were Western allies unliike the Croat Ustasha and Bosnian Muslim SS Hanschar.

It's also erroneous to claim that the Serbs started the Bosnian Civil War.

+1
-1
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

The Chetniks were NAZI and Italian fascist collaborators that worked closely with the Axis powers in their fight against the multi-ethnic Partisans. Those facts have been well established and are known to all historians of WWII. The Chetniks also killed tens of thousands of Bosnian civilians in Eastern Bosnia as they implemented policies of ethnic cleansing during WWII with the hope of forming an ethnically cleansed "Greater Serbia". These crimes were part of the Chetnik Serbian ultranationalist/fascist ideology.

+1
+6
-1

1992 Bosnia: Election. Croats and Muslims vote to secede from multi-ethnic Yugoslavia. Serbs boycotted the election. The secessionists started the war there as in the USA 1861. Big demonstration, crowd chanting "Volimo te, Jugoslavijo/ We love you, Yugoslavia!". Izetbegovic's hired guns open fire on crowd from high in the Holiday Inn hotel. CNN, BBC, and course the German/Austruan media et al scream "Serbs dunnit !" In the  USA one of the biggest PR companies is lobbying away. Who paid Ruder Finn?

+1
-1
-1

The kind of corrupting influence that pro-Bosnian Muslim nationalists don't bring up.

+1
-4
-1
mismoizbosne posted on

Mr. Hodzic I cannot accept the title of this article. Mr. Dodik is not a president. His country does not exist. 
Bosnian people need to stop accepting Republika Srpska. They can't let Serbia create something they want out of the blood drenched land that Bosnian grandfathers, fathers, brothers and sons fought for. 

+1
+1
-1

Republika Srpska is a reality and (in a more just world) should've as much a right to independence as Kosovo.

+1
0
-1

so your saaying fxxk the muslims who are part of republic srpska? Beacuse i am muslim and for them to dominate rs into s isnt right because bosnia is a mixture of muslims, serbs, and croats....

+1
+4
-1

?!

+1
+2
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

Bosnia-Herzegovina is the reality for over a thousand years everything else is conjecture. 

+1
+2
-1

You wish to destroy a country that does not exist.  This is as funny as a magician pushing the bunny into the hat.

+1
+2
-1

This article is so very typical of Bosniak's. By throwing out vitrol-infused words such as "genocide" drawing parallels to the holocaust and attempting to discredit the Bosnian Serbs right to self-governance they are infact the ones creating division and hatred in Bosnia. You cannot have it both ways; i.e. You didn't want to live in a multi ethnic Yugoslavia but you demand that Serbs live in a multi ethnic Bosnia. This concept is puzzling to me. As for the argument that Serbs and Croats have their own home countries and Bosniaks don't. To me this just seems to be a precursor to ethnic cleansing, the same ethnic cleansing that you blame the Serbs for during the last war. To say that unless the Serbs or Croats accept that they are 'Bosnian' and accept a muslim dominated government in Sarajevo, they can go to their homelands, is not only irresponsible but dangerous as well.

Furthermore, to discredit President Dodik as a genocide denier is an attempt to rally up the support of the mainstream media and those in the international community with little knowledge of the Bosnian war or its current political situation. Milorad Dodik never denied that 8000 Bosniak men were unjustifiably murdered in cold blood in Srebrenica in 1995. He does however reject the notion of collective blame on the Serbian people that the Bosniaks and some members of the international community attempt to place by defining the massacre as genocide. Although the ICTY classified the massacre as genocide, we must note that this motion was not accepted unanimously by the judges and was heavily contested. If a large number of the judges in the ICTY opposed the genocide classification, why can it not be deliberated by politicians.

Finally, the current political situation in Bosnia is such that 80%+ of Bosnian Serbs and a similar number of Bosnian Croats do not identify with the Bosnian state and are in favour of independence or broader autonomy. It is easy to Blame "nationalist" politicians such as Dodik and Covic, but that fails to address the wants of 2 out of 3 of Bosnia's constituent peoples, the Serbs and Croats. These people do not want to live in Bosnia as the Bosniaks see it, FACT!

+1
-1
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

Alex, it is unfortunate that you are also denying the Bosnian Genocide. It is not acceptable on your part to do that. When the International Courts which are set up and run by the United Nations proclaim war crimes to be cases of genocide then they are genocide and it is not permissible for anyone to deny them. Mr. Dodik has stated that genocide did not take place and has stated that he will never accept that the Bosnian Serbs committed genocide against the Bosnian people despite the irrefutable evidence that they did. This leaves Bosnia-Herzegovina in a position where all countries in the EU have recognized the genocide, all of Bosnia's neighbors have recognized the genocide, but Bosnia-Herzegovina has not been able to pass a resolution recognizing the Holocaust and the Bosnian Genocide and condemning the crime of genocide. This is simply not acceptable and Mr. Dodik needs to be challenged for his uncivilized, immoral, and dangerous behavior by all those who respect human rights and believe that human rights need to be protected and violators need to be brought to justice. 

+1
+2
-1

Alex cuts thru the BS, which galls Bosnian Muslim nationalists and some other not so truthful folks.

+1
-2
-1

You call the events at Srebrenica genocide?  Does a dog have five legs?, asked Abraham Lincoln: even if you call a tail a leg, no. 

+1
0
-1

Alex, you are ignoring the elephant in the room.  Republica Srpska would not exist wihtout a policy of genocide and ethnic cleansing led by the war criminals Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, and others, under the guidance of Slobodan Milosevic.  The argument for self determination does not jusify murdering Bosniaks and Croats in order to create a homogenous Serb entity in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The issue at hand is that Bosnia and Herzegovina was recognized in 1992 as an independent state by the United Nations along its historically recognized borders.  The fact that Serbs are not willing to live in a mutli-ethnic democratic state of Bosnia does not give them the right to resort to violence.

+1
+9
-1

Right, but a homogenous capital city (Sarajevo) is ok. Very few Serbs or Croats remain in the city. Or in the case of Croatia, a homogenous state is ok, but for RS it's not?

I agree with you that accepting ethnic cleansing is wrong, but its too late for that. Ideally we should all go back to where our homes were prior to 1991. That would mean returning all Bosniaks to RS, all Serbs to Sarajevo and Mostar, all Croats to Sarajevo and Banja Luka, all the Serbs back to Croatia, all the Serbs back to Kosovo, all the Montenegrins back to Croatia....etc. You can be the first to start this ambitious project, with my backing. And RS does exist, that's just the way it is.

Listen, the war was unnecessary and should never have happened (i refuse to get into the who started it argument because I'm sure we have differing opinions), but the sad reality is that the war DID happen, people on all three sides died. Close to 20 years have passed since the war, most of those responsible for war-crimes are locked away or on trial. Putting emotions aside the new generations need to decide the future of the country, and unfortunately for you the new generations of Serbs and Croats do not see Bosnia's future the way that you Bosniaks do. How do you address these cold hard facts? 50% of Bosnia's population does not want to live in the Bosnian state that you envision, and that isn't changing. So we can sit here and debate Dodik and genocide and war crimes and all the horrible stuff that happened 20 years ago but we end up at the same place. It's 2011, Bosnia is not advancing, divisions are only growing deeper and hatred and finger pointing are an increasingly common response to the real issues.

I know you obviously can't be logical or objective in your evaluation of Bosnia, but it seems the only viable solution is a tri-entity federation with broad autonomy given to each entity, or complete disintegration.

+1
+1
-1

If the new generations of Serbs and Croats do not see Bosnia as their homeland, then what do they want?  They have to face the cold hard facts that no part of Bosnia and Herzegovina will ever be part of Serbia or Croatia the way that Milosevic and Tudjman conspired it to be.  You can't ignore genocide and ethnic cleansing because those things make such a breakup completely illegal. 

If the issue is fear of Bosniak domination, then why not figure out a way to address those fears through democratic processes and lever to ensure all citizens are equal regardless of ethnic make up.  Having homogenous entities is not democratic and not the way to address these concerns because they only deepen hatred and division. Furthermore, as you metnion, the existence of these entities only cripple the economic advancement of Bosnia. We need a Bosnia and Herzegovina that will be multi-ethnic and democratic in all aspects of life. We also need political parties that address common concerns of all citizens, not parties along ethnic or religous lines.

+1
+2
-1

The "cold hard facts" pertain to Bosnia being a most flawed state - in large part having to do with Bosnian Muslim nationalist intransigence.

Such entities have been known to end.

On the notion of choosing to stay in an entity to seek change, the Bosnian Muslim nationalists could've chosen to remain in what was still (at the time) of their independence claim a very multiethnic Yugolsavia - instead of choosing to break away.

The indications suggest that Bosnia's Croats and Serbs aren't keen on living under Bosnia's current makeup. 

Blaming Tudjman and Milosevic, while saying nothing of Izetebegovic's faults is typical Bosbnian Muslim nationalist propaganda.

+1
+4
-1

Alex, looks like you need some help with numbers and facts:
- Sarajevo is not homogenous. People like me live there and I have friends named Darko, Ivan, Mirjana...I can go on. Besides, it's not like Sarajevo chose to not be what it used to be. It was besieged for over three years and most (though not all) of its Serb and Croat inhabitants left because they didn't want to suffer when the had elsewhere to go.
- "People on all three sides died" - how simple that sounds. Without even going into the origins of "dying", I'll just note that out of roughly 100,000 killed in Bosnia, 2/3 are Bosniak. And those victims, unlike on the other two sides, are overwhelmingly civilian.

Finally, where do you get this information that 50% of Bosnia's population doesn't want to live in Bosnia? Bosniaks  are a majority - by definition, majority is over 50% so there has to be less than 50% of others. And that's not Others who, by and large, consider themselves Bosnian and want to live in Bosnia. As do other minorities, and quite a few Croats and Serbs. So before you start arbitrarily carving up the land, you may want to get your numbers right.

+1
-7
-1

Armed and violent Muslim nationalists were in Sarajevo at the time - a far cry from a peaceful city.

There was also the matter of Bosnia's rotating presidency and the Muslim nationalist reluctance to give that position to the Serbs, who were next in line.

Comparing the ethnic number of civilians during a given war can be misleading. For example, more Japenese cvilians died than American civilians during WW II.

+1
+5
-1

This is all what it is about: so, he said "violent" Moslims!?!? Tell me something: are you getting good money from some "nazi" marketing agency, or you are just spreading hate for free?

Is it your belief? Do not bother to answer (I know it is).

So, who is here terrorist?

We are not talking about Bin Laden and similar anti-Moslims. Forgot it? How about keeping the focus?

There are undeniable facts about war in Bosnia. Check them!

You deserve to feel the same terror as these "violent" Moslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina, land of proud people of "all" nationalities.

+1
+6
-1

I know the facts Krivorijek.

The likes of yourself choose to duck the ones deemed as politically inconvenient.

If anything, the "hate" and "Nazi marketing" as you put it are coming from some others at this thread.

+1
+7
-1

Izetbegovic's 1970 Islamic Declaration was the opposite of a mult-cultural outlook.

if the Bosnian Muslim nationalists truly believed in multiethnic harmony, they'd chosen to remain in what was still a very multiethnic Yugoslavia.

During the Bosnian Civil War, there were good periods when Croats, Serbs and Muslims loyal to secular Muslim leader Fikret Abdic opposed Izetbegovic's forces.

If the Serbs were/are so evil, then there would be no need to lie by trumping up that actual casualty figures.

+1
-1
-1

Multi-ethnic tolerant Muslims were fighting on the same side as the Serbs. "Babo", Fikret Abdic, their leader is in prison.

+1
-2
-1

Does your elephant have 5 legs, too?

+1
-6
-1

Serbia has violated the obligation to prevent the Srebrenica genocide and Serbia has violated its obligations under the Genocide Convention by having failed to transfer Ratko Mladić to ICTY until it was convenient for them to do so in order to get into the European Union. In that respect Serbia has violated its obligation to comply with the provisional measures ordered by the Court. And Alex, don't be childish by implying that Bosnians want to get rid of Serbs and Croats in order to create some sort of utopian Bosnia. We simply want to live in peace with our neighbours and not be afraid that one day soon they will again decide to kill, rape, torture us in the name of their goals. And PS: For the record my hero is Jovan Divjak ( a great Serb ). 

+1
-2
-1

BS for reasons expressed at this thread.

+1
+2
-1

mismoizbosne, the title of the article comes from Columbia Spectator, not from Mr. Hodzic. He requested the change of the title, but his request was refused.

+1
-4
-1

Thne likes of him arrogantly expect much.

+1
+3
-1

I am not denying genocide. I am simply stating that the matter should be up for discussion. Again, you chose to ignore most of the points that I made in favour of hammering your point of genocide home. I repeat, if the judges in the ICTY did not come to a unanimous decision, and actually had a pretty significant split in voting over whether or not Srebrenica was considered genocide or not, why can politicians not ask the same questions. This by no means should discredit the suffering of the Bosniak people or of any other ethnic group.

Now you can keep ignoring the rest of my points and start with your same argument or address the real issues facing Bosnia's political stagnation: the marginalization of Croats in the federation, Bosnian Serb calls for greater autonomy, Bosniak wants for a centralized government, and mutual distrust/hatred/intolerance amongst all three ethnic groups.

+1
+3
-1

Some are propagandistically using that G word.

The ICTY is a flawed legal body.

+1
-2
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is the primary judicial organ of the United Nations. In 2007 the ICJ made the following ruling: 

"The Court concludes that the acts committed at Srebrenica falling within Article II (a) and (b) of the Convention were committed with the specific intent to destroy in part the group of the Muslims of Bosnia and Herzegovina as such; and accordingly that these were acts of genocide, committed by members of the VRS (Vojska Repulike Srpske) [Bosnian Serb Army] in and around Srebrenica from about 13 July 1995" The court ruling also stated: "The Court Finds that Serbia has violated the obligation to prevent genocide, under the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, in respect of the genocide that occurred in Srebrenica in July 1995"

With this ruling the United Nation's legal institutions have ruled that the mass atrocities carried out by Serb forces in Srebrenica constitute genocide as it is defined by international law. All politicians, including Mr. Dodik, should accept the court rulings and need to use the word genocide when describing the atrocities committed in Srebrenica. 

+1
-2
-1

Without apparently intending to do so, you raise the issue of flawed actions by some in the international community.

Re - http://www.counterpunch.org/20... Excerpt:

It would  have been inconvenient to see Qaddafi in open court. He had long abandoned his revolutionary heritage (1969-1988), and had given himself over to the U. S.-led War on Terror at least since 2003 (but in fact since the late 1990s). Qaddafi’s prisons had been an important torture center in the archipelago of black sites utilized by the CIA, European intelligence and the Egyptian security state. What stories Qaddafi might have told if he were allowed to speak in open court? What stories Saddam Hussein might have told had he too been allowed to speak in an open court? As it happens, Hussein at least entered a courtroom, even as it was more kangaroo than judicial.No such courtroom for Qaddafi. As Naeem Mohaiemen put it, “Dead men tell no tales. They cannot stand trial. They cannot name the people who helped them stay in power. All secrets die with them.

****
 Putting aside the quibble room some might find in the above excerpted, another somewhat related thought comes to mind.

Saddam was tried in his native Iraq. Some Albanians are under legal review for human organ trafficking in the Albanian nationalist stronghold of Pristina. On the matter of international law, relative to the termed "crimes against humanity", note that the high profile and not as well known of indicted Serbs aren't tried in Serbia. Baghdad and the Albanian nationalist stronghold of Pristina don't appear to be more legally advanced than Belgrade.

In the background, are the influential Western legal politicos, who manipulate the concept international law to suit their geopolitical and cultural biases.

On how the ICTY selectively applies the idea of "command responsibility.": http://rt.com/politics/intervi... 

+1
-4
-1

ICJ issues its fiat. That makes it true. Oh, now I understand. Srebrenica's women (they're the ones who have babies) were  bussed to Tuzla. A year later, the same Bosnian women (yes, the people who have the babies) stormed the Red Cross offices in Tuzla, with considerable damage resulting, and demanded to know where their missing men were. (Answer Bihac.) The genocided women apparently hadn't heard about their "genocide"...

+1
+3
-1

The ICJ point relates to the issue of a non-binding opinion versus a decision based on a penalty for acting differently.

There're conflicting facts and fact based opinions that contradict the above.

Moreover, the over-reliance on such a matter has the appearance of a one trick pony anti-Serb propaganda track.

People are allowed to differ with international decisions. For example, Israel never accpeted the UN "Zionism is a form of racism" resolution. 

+1
-2
-1
BosnianGenocideDayWA posted on

Misha and JPM you can state whatever you please, after all there are still plenty of people that deny the Holocaust (perhaps you do too), but the point is that a court ruling by international tribunals set up by the United Nations that make their decisions based on evidence and international law is decisive. Their rulings and opinions are respected by the international community and its institutions. Your own personal opinions are of little importance anyone but yourselves. You could claim that the Earth is flat is you wanted it would simply be your personal opinions based on your personal understanding and neither I nor anyone else would have to take your crackpot opinions seriously. The same is true for your genocide denial.

+1
-1
-1

Alex

+1
-6
-1

You leave out the culpability of Izetbegovic as is typical among Bosnian Muslim nationalists.

+1
-2
-1

Since editors of 'Spectator' published my letter without any consulting me, I would like to clarify some points:

1. The title is misleading. I have never referred to Dodik as 'the president' and the current title, without any clarification of what Republika Srpska in reality is, obscures the fact that he is a mere leader of an administrative entity in the state of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The illusions of grandeur on the part of Dodik and those who would like to see him as a president of an imaginary state are yet again amplified by Columbia University without a good reason.

2. The subtitle is misleading. My letter does not call on Dodik to be pressed on human rights. This is an unacceptable and incorrect simplification. It calls on Columbia University to, in the introduction to his lecture, question Dodik's documented denial of genocide and blatant efforts to undermine BiH's capacity to prosecute war crimes. His record of public denial of Srebrenica genocide, racist comments about Bosniaks and destructive, inflammatory politics demanded such an intervention by the moderator if the lecture was to be accepted as a platform for exploring diverse viewpoints and opinions. CU has done it on numerous occasions before, the most well known being that of Bollinger's introduction of Ahmedinejad. But in this case, not only that it wasn't done, but Frye in his introduction reinforced Dodik's position by referring to 'the ongoing debate among scholars' on the nature of crimes committed in Srebrenica, slam-dunking with the assertion that there are no genocide deniers in that room. Nothing short of scandalous. It seems to me that if we were to live in Dodik and Frye's world, it would be scholars of Dodik's caliber who determine the legal nature of a breach of international humanitarian law and not institutions like the International Court of Justice or the ICTY. If it wasn't this serious it would be laughable.

3. The refusal to admit people perceived to be of Bosnian ethnicity to the lecture, despite their printed confirmations of RSVP, all in order to prevent difficult questions being posed to Dodik has left the entire academic and human rights community in utter disbelief. From what I understand complaints are being filed with the NY State Human Rights Commission for discrimination on the grounds of exclusion from a public accommodation on ethnic/racial grounds. I could have never, in a million years, imagine Columbia University engaging in such unacceptable, deplorable practice. Everyone I know in the human rights community is simply astonished by what happened. To say that the credibility of the institution has suffered is a huge understatement. 4. When all these incredible, baffling actions of the Columbia University are paired with the completely ludicrous title of the lecture, condoning of Dodik's falsifications of facts about the war, number of victims and their sources and open gloating at the use of taxpayers money (including that of the victims of genocide and crimes against humanity that currently reside in Republika Srpska) to finance support to convicted war criminal Biljana Plavsic, one asks 'Why?' Why would such a respected, renown academic institution engage on such a level with a person of Dodik's record to the point of breaching fundamental cannons of free academic debate and supporting genocide denial. The answer came during the reception that followed: Dodik sponsored a fundraising event for the Njegos Endowment for Serbian Language and Culture at Columbia University, personally pledging $US1 million. And there it is - the explanation to all. The awful truth that begs a question: has CU learned nothing from the recent LSE messy divorce from Saif el-Qaddafi? It seems not. 5. @Alex: You are so contradictory in your assertions that they almost warrant no response. However, two issues must be addressed: 1. You said that 'Although the ICTY classified the massacre as genocide, we must note that
this motion was not accepted unanimously by the judges and was heavily
contested. If a large number of the judges in the ICTY opposed the
genocide classification, why can it not be deliberated by politicians.' This is a lie. In the Krstic case, the first where the ICTY accepted that genocide was committed in Srebrenica, the trial chamber adopted the ruling unanimously. In the decision of the Appeals Chamber affirming genocide, judge Shahabudeen (one of the five) had a dissenting opinion on the length of sentence. In Popovic et al which affirmed genocide, judge Kwon had a dissenting opinion on a number of findings NOT INCLUDING GENOCIDE FINDING. Judge Prost issued a sperate oprinion on a number of findings regarding Vinko Pandurevic NOT INCLUDING GENOCIDE CONVICTION. So, to say that 'a large number of judges opposed the genocide classification' is an ill-informed, if not malicious assertion. I am not even going to go into the findings of the International Court of Justice, which established genocide in Srebrenica.

2. There will be no desintegration of Bosnia and Herzegovina, despite what Dodik's wet dreams are. There is sufficient awareness in many relevant corners, most importantly among Bosnians, that the last thing anybody wants is to see another Palestine-like quagmire in the heart of Europe. Integration is the future, integration on the basis of equality for all citizens, an absence of fear coming from a full reckoning with all the pain inflicted during those horrific years. The sooner the likes of Dodik and his friends, and their counterparts in BiH and the region, accept that and genuinely move to address the legacy of genocide and ethnic cleansing, and start the hard work of building a healthy, rights-based society, the better for all of us.

Refik Hodzic   

+1
-2
-1

You're essentially a Bosnian Muslim nationalist/propagandist.

It's bigoted for your kind to suggestively claim a greater virtue over Dodik and other Serbs.

+1
0
-1

BTW, there were people who seemed to be Bosniaks at the event in question, who were provocative in their comments and questions. 

Dodik answered them well.

In not already evident, that event should be made available for viewing in its entirety.

Bosnian Muslim nationalists don't desire this eclebtic approach, because they (in heavy handed manner) seek to limit (censor) the discussion on such issues.

+1
+2
-1

First of all it is not up tp you to "define" waht is the Republika Srpska, who will live in it and how will it function. The Dayton agreements were signed by all three sides, Muslims, Croats and Serbs, and it says that RS is fully reconised as autonomous. Concernig the Columbia University, it seems that you still do not understand what is democracy and the research for the objective truth.
Concerning those links with al Quaida,you deny, I had an employee who was a sargent in the French army who served during three years unde UN in Bosnia.According to his saying, in 108 brigade there were mujahidins from Pakistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia etc, who were given the "Bosnian" citizenship. Would you deny it, knowing that certain Abu Himza was supposed to be arrested recently in Bosnia. Besides if you proudly look at those photos, of a jihadist, (from Pakistan or Yemen), holding in his hands a head of beheaded Serb,(souvenir photo), you could surely not deny that there were not al Quaida memebers fighting in Bosnia.

In May 2003 I was in Srebrenica with my wife,just before the memorial of Potocari was opened. The guard, a Croat and the other one Muslim, told us that there were 1100 burried from all parts of Bosnia, Besides they told us that in the same time what happened there was a consequence of killing of 1200 Serbs from around villages by Naser Oric the Muslim commander of the region. The all was just a tragical consequence of the civil war lead by ideology leaders of the former communist regime,

You should not forget that 52% of the territiry of Bosnia was Serbian before the war, and that Serbs were 42% of the total population.

and at the end, the French general Philippe Morillon who was the commander of the Srebrenica region under the UN flag, said after Mladi's arrest, tha " there was no planned "genocide" or "massacre", and that it was not Mladic's decision or even Karadzic's.

In 1996 I met the chief editor of the Bosnian daily Oslobodjenje, who as a Muslim told me that all that happened in the former Yugoslavia was a fault of Milosevic, Izetbegovic and Tudjman, and I fully agree. Modeling any new history is a nonsense

+1
+1
-1

Your arguments are worthy of a comment thread in Daily Post or Kurir. This is after all a university publication, so I'd suggest you get your facts straight rather than recycle gossip from security guards et al. 

+1
0
-1

He seems to be far more aware of reality than yourself.

+1
-1
-1

This all just proves one thing the same reason Yugoslavia broke is the same reason it's mini state Bosnia will never last as everyone is just concerned with blaming each other. It's all fair for every other nationality to decide their destiny but different rules apply to the Serbs who are the "only" nation to have fought and died for a independent nation for a 1000 years while these new nationalities like bosniak are doing their best to try and rewrite history in every way shape and form. The Serbs will never be ruled by Sarajevo the sooner these muslims get that through their heads the sooner they can mover forward as that's the reality since the break up.

+1
+1
-1

BiH is an artificial country which will cease to exist in the near future. Considering the ethnic structure of Republic of Srpska, it is an undeniable fact that its people will pledge full support for its independence. The right to self-determination cannot be denied much longer.

+1
+1
-1

Considering that ethnic structure of "Republic of Srpska" which was ironically artifically created at Dayton is almost 100% Serb through genocide and ethnic cleansing. Where is the legitimacy of such an "independent state"?

+1
+5
-1

RS is part of the signed Dayton agreement.

FYI, ethnic cleansig includes what Bosnian Muslims (like Nasir Oric) and Croats (Operation Storm) did.

Lke it or not, the international community recognizes other entities that have been created with ethnic shifts in population.

+1
+2
-1

Sorry to say, but you ldo not have any idea about Bosnian history. If you consult the statistics dating from 1981, Muslims were 45%, Serbs 42% with the land properties of 52% of the territory, Croats were 11% and Yugoslavs 2%.  Muslims had not much lands because they wanted to live in towns. As for ethnic cleansing of Bosnia or Croatia,according to IRCH, there are 750 000 Serbian refugees from Croatia and Bosnia in Serbia, and those "ethnically cleansed" Bosnians or Croats are mainly in USA, UK , France and the other countries of the EU, instead in Bosnia. Funny way of the "ethnic cleansing".   

+1
0
-1

In November 1995, nearly 3 months after the purported "massacre of 7000-8000 Muslim men and boys at Srebrenica by Serbs", US State Department spokesman Nicholas Burns is quoted in an official publication;  "we don't know what happened". That phrase appeared only months later. Iran's ambassador Velayati said on Radio Iran in mid-July 1995 "we must prevent a massacre". At the same time Zbigniew Brzezinski published an OpEd piece making the same plea. That was AFTER the purported event. The record is public, for all who investigate and do not recite boiler plate propaganda phrases. NY Times and Washington Post reported that Muslim soldiers had "slipped through," with heavy losses to Muslim-held Tuzla. They abandoned their women, children and elderly to the "genocidal" Serbs. These women, children and old people were transported from Srebrenica to Muslim territory by bus and truck, all shown on TV, fuel provided by the UN. I watched on cable TV myself. Hundreds of Muslim soldiers crossed the Drina to Serbia to save their necks, fearful of revenge for their (real) massacres they perpetrated on Serb villagers in the outskirts of Srebrenica, some 3000 in number. The night of 13-14 July President Izetbegovic said in clear text on Radio Sarajevo that the bulk of Muslim forces had successfully withdrawn from Srebrenica and were sent to support Croatian forces on the Bihac front to fight Muslim forces of Fikret Abdic who were fighting the Islamists together with the Serbs. The mayor of Srebrenica reported that Izetbegovic had been assured by President Clinton that a massacre of 5000 Muslims would guarantee America's full and open intervention. 

+1
-3
-1

You are right. I was on that night on my terrase in Nice listening to radio Sarajevo, and Izetbegovic announced that the major number of Muslim fighters had succesfully withdrawn from Srebrenica going to give a hand to Croats and Muslim forces of Fikret Abdic.. 200-300 of Muslim soldiers asked the refuge to Serbia and crossed the Drina river.

+1
-1
-1

Since when do op-eds and ambassador's statements count as established facts?!? The largest forensic investigation since WWII in Europe, led by a top French investigator Jean Renne Ruez resulted in over 3000 exhibits of evidence and countless witness statements, including those of VRS soldiers who took part in the genocide, Serb commanders who refused orders to send men to execution sites and Serb civilian officials from Bratunac and Zvornik who testified about the genocide taking place. You can read all about it here: http://www.icty.org/cases/part.... Or if you prefer a source from the government of Republika Srpska over international court of law you can read its own report into the Srebrenica genocide published in 2004. There is no point in denying facts established beyond reasonable doubt, except as part of the continuing campaign to ensure the results of genocide. You could read up on Lemkin and what drives genocide denial. Or instead look for ways to be constructive and work on the full reckoning with the crimes that were committed, their motives and their legacy. 

+1
0
-1

No need to read dubious commentary that falls flat when faced with reality.

There's no conclusive evidence whatsoever that a figure near or greater than 7,000 Bosnian Muslim males were rounded up and summarily executed at Srebrenica.

This view doesn't deny that summary executions in a significant number took place and that they constitute a war crime.

In addition:

- non-Muslim fatalties in and around Srebrenica were noticeable

-a clear determining of deaths by summary execution, collateral damage or as armed combatants remains (to a good extent) an issue.  

+1
-2
-1

Minimum salary  of  ICTY "judges" is 30,000 per MONTH. They acquitted Nasir Oric, footballer extraordinaire, who showed journalists his video of beheaded Serbs, who contributed the footballs. Lemkin's genocide is real, unlike the incessantly repeated "genocide" of Bosnian Muslim Taqqiya experts. --Lewis Carroll's Bellman could be a "Bosniak":"What I say three times is true."

+1
+1
-1

One fact is that Ambassador Velayati  of the Islamic Republic of Iran said in effect that no massacre had taken place.As for ICTY transcripts, these do not note the absence of contemporary reports from Srebrenica of a massacre, much less genocide. In a court, a real court, it is incumbent on a plaintiff to establish (1)  that a report of the alleged crime was registered (3) with the appropriate authorities.  The genocide and masacre charges fail on both counts. Is such a "court" legitimate? Dermot Groome, Attorney for the ICTY prosecutor, wrote me that he has no idea when the charge was made of a "massacre by the Bosnian Serb Army of 7000 - 8000- Muslim men and boys at Srebrenica". He was in on the "trial" of General Krstic, who, as you know, survived a murder attempt by an Albanian Muslim rapist-murderer in a UK prison. The murderer improvised a weapon of a shard of glass, using a tooth brush for handle. Like more facts?

+1
+2
-1

Astonished by the actions of Columbia, I fully support the writer of this letter/article and his views. Establishing and proving genocide in the international court is extremely difficult. Nevertheless, genocide has been proven beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law. Therefore, NOTHING about genocide in Bosnia committed by the Republika Srpska Army is "up for discussion" as a person calling themselves Alex suggested. Such a statement screams denial, sadly! But, to the disgrace of human race this person is not alone in such thinking. For them 8000 dead civilians (read unarmed men, women and children) is just some number out there, a mere "compensation" for WWII or some borderline idiotic claim that somehow Bosnians brought this on themselves.
While we can discuss politics of Bosnia and former Yugo at length and agree to disagree on many points, one thing here is certain during the war in Bosnia genocide happened and it was committed by Serb forces. For Columbia, to invite Dodik to speak about the topic is embarrassing. Of course, they know everything about Dodik and Bosnia in general. Columbia has built a reputation for a reason. But, I suppose even the dignity of such well
respected institution has a price. Isn't THAT sad and disappointing?!

+1
0
-1

Your ignorance and arrogance is quite noticerable for the reasons given at this thread.

+1
-1
-1

You neglect a fact that during the civil war in the former Yugoslavia, there was still the federal army in charge to defend the state of Yugoslavia and not the "army of RS".Later on there were oneach side the "territorial defence" units and  different armed groups. 108 mujahidin brigade consisted of Muslim mercenaries, and the others of  "voluntiers" from different western countries, on Bosnian side. There were massacres and crimes but not a genocide, like many pretend for political reasons.Once again, the French general Philippe Morillon who was in charge in Srebrenica under UN, recently said that there were massacres but not genocide. And if he,who was at the spot says so, some NYC spirit cannot be above the truth, just because "he might be paid for".
And those who took a "souvenir" photos having heads of the beheaded Serbs in their hands, was it nice ? Was it a "justice" ? .

+1
-1
-1

At the ICTY, a British journalist was in the process of discussing her seeing Osama Bin Laden in Izetbegovic's Sarajevo office. The prosecution immediately sought to end her comments on that particular, claiming it wasn't pertinent. The judge of that flawed body agreed.

Of course such matter is pertinent, since it relates to Izetbegovic's fundamentalist Islamic Declaration, relative to the concerns of a good number of Bosnia's population.

+1
+1
-1

@Misha Your comments are divorced from reality. They have no credibility whatsoever and deserve no serious response.

+1
+4
-1

Refik, your inaccurate broad swipe is typical of the piously censoring Bosnian Muslim nationalist mindset - that for good measure explains why Bosnia's Croats and Serbs are finding some common ground.

+1
0
-1

There is no such thing as "Bosnian Muslim nationalist". Bosnian Muslims are not a nation but an ethnic group, same as Bosnian Serbs and Bosnian Croats. The nation is Bosnian-Herzegovinian. Misha uses this age old thesis switch from Belgrade political "kitchen". Nation=Country.

+1
0
-1

First of all let's get our facts straight since some quasi-scientists like to be very detailed (Misha etc.):

1. People's Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina - established on November 25 1943
2. People's Republic of Yugoslavia (SFRY) - established November 29 1943 - five days later
3. People of thr Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina declared the independence according to the legal procedures outlined in the constitution of the Socialist Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian constitution history: established 1946, amended 1963, amended 1974, amended 1990, adopted 1993)
4. Alija Izetbegovic violated the Constitution of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina and contrary to the procedure signs anti-constitutional Dayton Agreement (Annex IV) which became a "birth certificate" of so-called Republic of Srpska.
5. This was partially confirmed in the Finci and Sejdic vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina in the following paragraph:

6. "The Constitution of Bosnia and Herzegovina (hereinafter referred to as “the Constitution” or “the State Constitution” when it is necessary to distinguish it from the Entity Constitutions) is an annex to the General Framework Agreement for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina (“the Dayton Peace Agreement”), initialled at Dayton on 21 November 1995 and signed in Paris on 14 December 1995. Since it was part of a peace treaty, the Constitution was drafted and adopted without the application of procedures which could have provided democratic legitimacy. "

http://cmiskp.echr.coe.int/tkp... 

+1
-2
-1

You refer to the widely circulated 1992 photo of a smiling murderer, a mujahid, holding the severed head of Serb soldier Blagoje Blagoevic. He had been defending his Christian homeland Bosnia from jihadi invaders and their welcoming co-religionists. It was they, not Milosevic, that broke up multi-ethnicYugoslavia. I was shown this photo in April 1994 by an intelligence officer in the Bosnian Serb Army, who told me "I am Muslim." Multi-ethnic tolerant Muslims were fighting on the same side as the Serbs. He showed me the photo, plus a heap of passports of Saudi, Kuwaiti, Chechen "martyrs". The travel documents had been issued in Austria and were stamped with the seal of transit countries Hungary, Slovenia and Croatia, Germany's proxies. They didn't take their passports with them when they went to Paradise. Could the picture have been photoshopped? No. I saw not only the print, but the roll of Kodak Ektacolor film that was found undeveloped on the jihadi hero who now enjoys bliss in 144 virginal arms. 

+1
-1
-1

What does this have to do with the fact that Serbs sommitted genocide? The fact that there are people who are murderers and who are not form Bosnia and the fact that there were muslim Serbs in Serb army should prove something? I don't quite get it. So there is one sick killer who likes to take pictures of his victims. Milosevic is a politician and of course he could not have been there since he did not fight. Blagoje Blagojevic might have been a member of terrorist army killed by another terrorist, but he never defended Bosnia, much less "christian homeland". Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina was and is a secular state ruled by Constitution, not by religious affiliation.

+1
0
-1

As of October 11th 1991 and definitely after March 1st 1992 there was no other legal force in the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina but Territorial Defense units loyal to the Constitution of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina, not to self-proclaimed separatist statelet.

+1
+1
-1

NYCspirit recites boilerplate, and inaccurately. No side, Muslim or other, has claimed that "Srebrenica" was the killing of civilians, women and children. These were evacuated withe cooperation of the UN. The charge, which took months to dream up, is the 'massacre of 7000-8000 Muslim men and boys". They were armed and fighting.  Thousands of armed and shooting Muslim fighters fled from Srebrenica through mined forests under heavy enemy fire. 

+1
0
-1

Pro-Bosnian Muslim natinalist propaganda is quite evident at this thread.

Great to see some reasoned views oppose such deceit.

+1
+2
-1

There was no "Muslim" side. There were Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina armed forces, a UN recognized country as of 5/22/1992.

+1
-5
-1

It is pretty obvious that several people here either blatantly deny what has been proven in the International Tribunal are ignorant to the deaths of thousands if innocent, unarmed men, women and children (yes, children boys are children too even if Muslim) and thereby show the level of intelligence, compassion and education in general not to mention basic decency. but the vigor with which they are trying to defend indefensible suggests hatered toward Bosnians of Muslim origin, which proves to me again that as long as institutions like Columbia are willing to give platform to bigots and fashists people like this will feel like there is room for interpretation in the genocide conviction. And, there absolutely IS NOT!!! Genocide in Srebrenica was committed by Serb forces, well thought out and planned, implemented by mass executions of innocent civilians of which there are countless verdicts. Anyone interested in this topic can find ICTY judgements against Krstic, Deronjic, Nikolic, Erdemovic etc etc etc There you will read what these kind "democrats" in the comment thread do not want you to know.
Once again, Columbia I am appalled and embarrassed on your behalf.

+1
+4
-1

Look who is talking. Your suggestion of being more accurate and virtuous hasn't been successfully proven on account of being bogus.

+1
-1
-1

We seldom have the chance to commune with spirits. Less often do we see and hear great numbers of the genocided walking and talking and repetitiously scribbling.

+1
+2
-1

A good number of relatively high profile venues slant in favor of the nationalist anti-Serb propaganda line.

Such manner nurtures a certain arrogance and ignorance.

Kudos to Columbia's Harriman Institute for doing the right thing.

+1
-1
-1

ICTY proof ? Oxymoron. Spirit's "proof" of genocide and denial is just repetition. "Big Lie" a la Adolf H.

``Just the place for a genocide!" NYspurt cried,...   ``Just the place for a genocide! I have said it twice:        That alone should encourage the crew.   Just the place for a genocide! I have said it thrice:        What I tell you three times is true.''

+1
0
-1

Let's face it, the mess created in the old Yugoslavia republics is due to the stupidity of the leaders of the Western powers.  The only way to unravel it is get all of them at The Hague and carry on the due process.  Then we will know the truth of exactly what happened.

In the meantime, the persecution of the Serbs MUST stop and through the process of sanity, we must realize that the people who have lost the most during the Nineties in the Balkans are the Serbs.  The guilty party are the Vatican and the Western powers, who have employed the fascist propaganda against the Serbioan people, - much the same as during the Nazi, Hitler time, during WW II, when the Croat ustashi murderers exterminated more than one million Serbs.

Dodik is the Serbian hero, so is President Milosevic, because they stood up to the Western hegemony.  There is no pointr to deny Srebrenica, but the story is not what the western corrupt media are claiming.

+1
+2
-1

Krstic was nowhere near the action at Srebrenica. In UK prison he was assaulted by an Albanian, who slit K's throat with a shard of glass. Erdemovic fought in more than one army in Bosnia, and his numbers do not add up; he received big money and fake ID for his testimony. Deronjic took Mike Wallace and a dozen some other TV personalities on a tour of eastern Bosnia. They were convinced the G-claim was a hoax and went home. US media did not air their findings, though ABC-TV's Peter Jennings was at Markale market hall for the show on 4 Feb 1994. Turkish judge Karaduman. who treated the wounded, said the wounds of the victims were NOT from mortar fire. Deronjic was kidnapped, tortured, turned over to the ICTY. He died in prison, like quite a few other Serbs. I was in the Hague in February 2006 to testify. Also there was once Yugoslavia-VP Branko Kostic, who witnessed the silencing of Prentice. He told me that Judge Patrick Robinson ordered her mike switched off when Eve Ann Prentice began her report of seeing Osama bin Laden in President Izetbegovic's office.

+1
0
-1

You make me laugh JPM. But, for the sake of serious people who might read this comment thread I will say this:

http://www.haguejusticeportal....

"On 2 August 2001, the Trial Chamber found Radislav Krstić guilty of
murder, persecutions and genocide. This was a landmark decision. For the
first time, the ICTY irrevocably established that genocide was
committed in Srebrenica. Radislav Krstić became the first man convicted
of genocide by the Tribunal, and was sentenced to 46 years in prison." - hero right?

Momir Nikolic, Deputy Commander and Chief Intelligence Officer of RS Army - "The Trial Chamber accepted the plea bargain concluded between
Nikolić and the Prosecution in advance of the trial. By virtue of this
agreement, Nikolić agreed to plead guilty on the count of persecutions
on political, racial and religious grounds, charged as a crime against
humanity, and to testify in other cases before the Tribunal, in
particular those concerning Srebrenica. In exchange, the Prosecution
withdrew the remaining charges. On 2 December 2003, the
Trial Chamber sentenced Momir Nikolić to 27 years’ imprisonment. Nikolić
filed a notice of appeal and, on 8 March 2006, the Appeals Chamber
reduced the sentence to 20 years’ imprisonment." - another hero right?

Biljana Plavsic - leading member of the Serbian Democratic Party in Bosnia - "The initial indictment against Biljana Plavšić was confirmed on 7 April 2000. On 7 March 2002, she was indicted together with Momčilo Krajišnik
and was charged with genocide, complicity to genocide, crimes against
humanity (extermination, murder, persecutions, deportation, inhumane
acts) and violations of the laws or customs of war (murder). Following a
plea agreement on 30 September 2002, Biljana Plavšić pleaded guilty to
persecutions as a crime against humanity." - yet another hero.

Deronjic - http://www.icty.org/x/cases/de... - "Miroslav Deronjić was charged on the basis of individual criminal
responsibility and of superior criminal responsibility with two counts
of crimes against humanity (persecutions and murders) and four counts of
violations of the laws and customs of war. Deronjić originally pleaded
not guilty to all charges. As part of a deal with the Prosecution, he
later pleaded guilty to one of the charges (persecutions on political,
racial and religious grounds). On 30 March 2004, the Trial Chamber
sentenced Deronjić to 10 years’ imprisonment. The Appeals Chamber
subsequently confirmed the judgement.

Miroslav Deronjić was serving his sentence in Sweden when he died in May 2007. " - so in Sweden they tortured him to death right???? hm those Swedes

and the list goes on and on just visit www.haguejusticeportal.net

+1
+1
-1

A "list" of deceit.

The Soviets and Nazis had politicized trials that were falawed as well.

Lkke the Soviets and nazis, you jyst simply cite a decision without replying to the flaws in them.

+1
+1
-1

Thanks, Spurt, for the compendium of fallacies and tacit admission of '"no case". As the old barrister once said to his flunky: "We have no case. Abuse the plaintiff's attorney."

+1
-3
-1

Putting a just man in prison for a crime he did not commit and which did not happen IS torture. The Swedes could have done even worse and parked him in a Shariah-ruled neighborhood of Malmo. This vity has a no-go zone for Swedish firemen and police. They are shot at by adherents of the religion of peace. Sweden used to be a peaceful and near crime-free country before they let invaders bring in shariah "law". Next thing we know, you won't be able to buy a ham sandwich in Stockhol. Offensive...

+1
-2
-1

I talked with Biljana in 1997. She told me the charges were fake, but when ICTY threatened her with a life sentence, she took a plea bargain and pleaded guilty. Coercion is torture. In Swedish prison, Plavsic was assaulted by daughters of the Prophet, <ay allah="" grant="" him="" in="" oh, yes:="" peace. ="" prison?="" they="" were="" why=""></ay>

+1
+2
-1

MILOSEVIC, DODIK, KARADZIC, HADZIC, ARKAN, SESELJ, MLADIC, AND THE REST OF THE SERBIAN HEROES WILL HAUNT YOU FOREVER.  FACE THE FACTS, - STOP DREAMING.  GET SOME SENSE INTO YOUR FAT SCULLS!

+1
+1
-1

Happy Halloween!

+1
-2
-1

@JMP oh and Yes, Erdemovic fought in more than one Army in Bosnia but only in ONE (Republika Srpska Army) did he commit war crimes and was put in prison after he surrendered himself to the International Criminal Tribunal even though he was not on a warrant and no one was looking for him. JUST because he was haunted by what he did and could not live with it. - "n July 1995, Dražen Erdemović participated in the shooting and killing
of hundreds of unarmed Bosnian Muslim men from Srebrenica at the Pilica
collective farm. The International Criminal Tribunal for the former
Yugoslavia charged Erdemović with murder as a crime against humanity and
murder as violations of the laws or customs of war.

At his
initial appearance hearing on 31 May 1996, Dražen Erdemović pleaded
guilty to the count of murder as a crime against humanity, adding that
he would have been killed if he had refused to participate in the
murders. The Trial Chamber accepted the guilty plea and dismissed the
count of murder as a violation of the laws or customs of war." - http://www.haguejusticeportal....

+1
-1
-1

More propaganda from you.

What about Oric and what Savo Heleta experienced?

Heleta comes across as being more earnest than yourself.

+1
+2
-1

Erdemovic, the very image of a false witness, is your man.  You can have him.

+1
-2
-1

"Only in the Bosnian Serb army did Star witness
Erdemovic commit war crimes." Right, and in the Muslim Army all he did was
escort old ladies across the srtreet. Serb Gen. Radoslav Krstic was sentenced by ICTY to a
46-year term, but absolved of participation in – or even knowledge of – the
alleged massacre. He was sentenced according to the ICTY's dubious principle of
"command responsibility." This mercenary fought in the ranks of the
Bosnian Serb army, the Bosnian Muslim qnd Croatian army ranks, claimed to have
participated in the execution of 1,200 Muslims. He was exempted from
cross-examination because "mentally unstable" and in a plea bargain
got a five-year sentence for his "cooperation". Not to speak of
money, new fake ID etc. He went on to work in the Congo for the
French intelligence service.-- Killing 1200 people in five hours, as Bulgarian
investigator Tsvikov observed, "ten at a batch would allow less
than three minutes for each batch, including getting them out of the buses,
marching them to the shooting zone, shooting them, making sure of their being
dead, and disposing of the bodies, with interludes of drinking, arguing,
and cavorting.  -- Move over Mel Brooks.

+1
0
-1

Thanks you for your well informed input.

Bosnian Muslim nationalists feel ten feet tall when in their flock and without reasoned challenge.

Their arrogance gets highlighted in an objective and knowledgeable enough setting.

Once again, I hope the event with Dodik is available for viewing.

+1
0
-1

Erdemovic "The devil made me do it!"

+1
-2
-1

How can any American view any decision by any UN criminal court as legitimate when the US itself undermines the legitimacy of such courts by refusing to join the international war crimes court for fear that it will be used as a political tool against US personnel ? Moreover, 99% of the testimony accepted as "evidence" in the ICTY trials never would have been admitted in any US criminal trial.  (Mind you, I'm not saying the result would or would not have been the same.)  So, with that said, accept the ICTY rulings as you see fit.  Some bosnian muslims choose to use them to further a political agenda, which apparently has not changed since the bosnian muslims (later renamed Bosniaks) declared independence from multiethnic Yugoslavia.  The Bosniaks ignored the bosnian Serbs' interests then as they wish to do now - almost 20 years later.     

+1
+3
-1

As noted at this thread, The Bosnian Muslim nationalist instransigence have drawn Bosbnia's Craots and Serbs closer.

The pro-Bosnian Muslim propaganda expressed at this thread is indicative of a demagogic and dominating mindset.

+1
0
-1

well, it is a free world you can present us with the opposing FACTS as opposed to this gibberish talk.

+1
+1
-1

Something that has been done, much unlike your gibberish talk.

+1
+1
-1

Repeat it and it's a fact for "Spirit".

+1
+4
-1

Because, US is a free country and I am free to choose to believe a widely recognized International Court rather than you. Thank you very much. 99% of evidence would not be admitted in any US criminal trial??? Really? How so? what evidence is 1% that would be admitted? could you please explain? Who are you to claim that anyway? Do you have any real evidence to support your claims? NO, because if you did you would have included them right here and now. And, I do not think this discussion is about anybodies interest if you are talking about specific political agendas in Bosnia. This discussion is about Milorad Dodik being invited to Columbia to speak and that being a disgrace for such an institution since among other things this man is a proven bigot and a genocide denier. It should be in the interest of every normal human being including Serbs that all those guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity are punished. It bufflles me to no end to see people here fighting to prove how ICTY is flowed, the world is against them, Muslims and Croats killed them in WWII blah blah blah everything and anything just to divert the attention from the truth. I can see how that can be embarrassing for people to admit that something as gruesome as this was committed in their name. Unfortunately, IT WAS!!!

+1
0
-1

More empty calories from you.

You haven't succcessfully refuted anything said by JPM or yours truly, among some others.

For whatever imperfections of the Ameerican criminal system, at least it doesn't typically use unnamed witnesses as testimony, while having judges with suspect allegiances.

Columbia's Harriman Institue is to be lauded for having invited Dodik, who did a credible job at answering pro-Bosnian Muslim nationalist views.

A video of that event should be available.

+1
+5
-1

Dodik is a divisive monger only interested in his own power and welfare, certainly not Bosnians of Serbian Orthodox background....otherwise he would heed Orthodox Christian views commanded by Jesus to treat "enemies" with grace.  His inflammatory comments have not paved a way for HEALING, which is what the Orthodox Christian faith calls for (see Book of Matthew chapter 5).  Dodik must, if he is a true Serbian Orthodox Christian, rebuke the killings that his people activated in Eastern Bosnia (Foca, Visegrad, Zvornik, Bijeljina, etc) in April '92 and onward which goes directly against the faith...see Book of John 16:2....
"and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God. 3 This is because they have never known the Father or me"
Maybe Columbia will keep my comment alive here unlike my previous one because heaven forbid that I quote the Bible (the alltime best selling book in the world mind you). 

+1
-1
-1

Hypocritically inaccurate commentary on your part, given what non-Serb combatants have done in Bosnia.

The Bosnian Muslim nationalists have been spoiled into believing that their side has done no wrong.

The word "inflammatory" btter relates to the above article and 1/26 posted Columbia Spectator letter to the editor.

+1
-1
-1

This is a recording

+1
+1
-1

Even IF the Bosniaks "ignored Serbs' interests", it did not give Serbs the RIGHT to trample through Eastern Bosnia (Zvornik, Foca, Visegrad, etc) via "hero" Arkan and his Tigers cowardly killing/raping unarmed civilians....same can be said for Croats in Herzegovina.....I applaud those Serbs and Croats who refused to take part in the pillage by standing up for human rights based on Christian beliefs which the majority of Serbs and Croats clearly did not abide by.  You can easily say that the Bosniaks acted more "Christian" than Serbs and Croats. 

For those Serbs and Croats who crossed themselves before massacring civilians in Foca, etc and for those who supported them, JESUS will have some serious words for you on the judgement seat when he sends you to hell, taken from MATTHEW 7:21-23..."I NEVER KNEW YOU.  AWAY FROM ME YOU EVILDOERS".......It is more than time to repent of self righteousness and to be a part of doing what is right for the best of all humans in Bosnia.....even if you think Bosniaks are your enemy, Jesus states that you are to love your enemies (Matthew 5:44).  If you are going to base your identity on Orthodoxy or Catholicsm, then you had better start believing and acting like Christians.

+1
-3
-1

Surprise, surprise! Speaking of Bosnia...

He wore a beard and was dressed in an outfit with short pants that reveal his ankles — typical for followers of the conservative Wahhabi branch of Islam....The Islamic extremists had joined Bosnia's war for independence. They were largely tolerated by the U.S. and the West
Terrorist Attack Outside US Embassy in Bosnia
http://abcnews.go.com/Internat...

The Russian news has a video: http://newsru.com/world/28oct2...

+1
-2
-1

Our Wahhabi was just carrying out Izetbegovic's manifesto.

+1
+3
-1

The problem with folks like you NYCSpirit is that you are not a critical thinker. Instead, you take what you are spoon-fed as correct. I'll give you one easy example of testimony that is/was readily admitted during the ICTY trials, but would not have been admitted in a US Court- hearsay evidence.  I've made my point.  Now it's up to you to think and do your homework.  Again, how can one expect me to accept any decision by a UN international court as legitimate, when my own US government views these international criminal courts as being political and refuses to join them or subject its own personnel to its jurisdiction?  If the US gov't views these types of courts as illegitimite, why can't Dodik?   

+1
0
-1

Columbia, stop removing my comments!  Here it is again......

Dodik is a divisive monger only interested in his own power and
welfare, certainly not Bosnians of Serbian Orthodox
background....otherwise he would heed Orthodox Christian views commanded
by Jesus to treat "enemies" with grace.  His inflammatory comments have
not paved a way for HEALING, which is what the Orthodox Christian faith
calls for (see Book of Matthew chapter 5).  Dodik must, if he is a true
Serbian Orthodox Christian, rebuke the killings that his people
activated in Eastern Bosnia (Foca, Visegrad, Zvornik, Bijeljina, etc) in
April '92 and onward which goes directly against the faith...see Book
of John 16:2....
"and the time is coming when those who kill you will
think they are doing a holy service for God. 3 This is because they
have never known the Father or me"
Maybe Columbia will keep my
comment alive here unlike my previous one because heaven forbid that I
quote the Bible (the alltime best selling book in the world mind you). 

+1
0
-1

"So fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam" Quran 8:39. "Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors of each other" Quran 5:51. This is the mindset of Muslim believers and the fundamental cause for all the deception served to the world. After all Mohammed said that war is deception and untruths are justified when used in the name of Allah or to spread Islam.

+1
0
-1

NYCspiirit. Theologians say a spirit is a being without body. Distillers say spirits are intoxicating liquors. Is therefore NYspirit un-halal?  Maybe, since the Prophet, may Allah give him peace anathematized spirits. Seriously, though, NYCspirit is just heckler, without facts but much gibberish. As for presidents put in their place, the secular Muslim Fikret Abdic was elected president of Bosnia & Herzegovina, but jihadi stole the election, with US State Dept connivance. Fiket was put in his place, all right  --- in prison.

+1
0
-1

Wherever there's muslims there's problems.

+1
+2
-1
Robert Bedingfield posted on

Serbian propaganda, mythology, and lies have proven to be very weak. I am glad Columbia University hosted Milorad Dodik and I am glad that his "lecture" did not succeed, because people asked him some very interesting questions, like Why do deny Srebrenica Genocide? and Why are you dismissing opinion of the International community? etc... he provided laughable answers which led to laughs in the audience. So, let him speak. Serb ultranationalists are very weak, and Serbian propaganda is even weaker. They are weak as people because they lie and because they believe in extermination of their neighbors. Let them speak, let them show the world how worthless Serb ultra nationalists really are. Freedom of speech!

See: http://bosniangenocide.wordpre...

+1
-1
-1

Vi ste svi budale, toliko od pravih ljudi iz Bosne. P.S. Ne vraćajte i ne branite nas više, ne trebate nam...

+1
+2
-1

The wahabi gunman who opened fire with a machine gun in Sarajevo best describes the massive gap between Serbs, Croats and Muslims. Why people persist in forcing people that can't stand each other to live together in a fantasy world is beyond me. Serbs and Croats could easily argue that they have the same if not more rights to Bosnia but that's not the point the best solution is for everyone to sit around a table and work a realistic agreement where all sides can move on in a positive direction whether that is together or alone. You can't advocate independence and then deny others the same right, makes no sense.

+1
-2
-1

By Gregory H. Stanton, President, Genocide Watch: DENIAL is the eighth stage that always follows a genocide. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. The perpetrators of genocide dig up the mass graves, burn the bodies, try to cover up the evidence and intimidate the witnesses. They deny that they committed any crimes, and often blame what happened on the victims. They block investigations of the crimes, and continue to govern until driven from power by force, when they flee into exile. There they remain with impunity, like Pol Pot or Idi Amin, unless they are captured and a tribunal is established to try them. The response to denial is punishment by an international tribunal or national courts. There the evidence can be heard, and the perpetrators punished. Tribunals like the Yugoslav or Rwanda Tribunals, or an international tribunal to try the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, or an International Criminal Court may not deter the worst genocidal killers. But with the political will to arrest and prosecute them, some may be brought to justice.

+1
-4
-1

The very existence of this mostly lucid dialog justifies the event. We have had enough politically correct censorship. Be bold Columbia. 

+1
0
-1

On 21 June 2007, the Research and Documentation Center in Sarajevo published the most extensive
research on Bosnia-Herzegovina's war casualties titled: The Bosnian
Book of the Dead – a database that reveals "a minimum of" 97,207 names
of Bosnia and Herzegovina's citizens killed and missing during the
1992–1995 war. An international team of experts evaluated the findings
before they were released. More than 240,000 pieces of data have been
collected, processed, checked, compared and evaluated by an
international team of experts to produce the final number of over 97,000
victim's names—victims of all nationalities. The research has shown
that most of the 97,207[97]
documented casualties (civilians and soldiers) during Bosnian War were
Bosniaks (66 per cent), followed by Serbs (25 per cent), Croats (8 per
cent) and a small number of others such as Albanians or Romani people.[98]
Bosniaks also suffered massive civilian casualties (83 per cent)
compared to Serbs (10 per cent) and Croats (5 per cent). At least 30 per
cent of the Bosniak civilian victims were women and children.[99]

Instead of just throwing around words like "Pro-Bosnian Nationalist", please back up your statements with CREDIBLE information. Keyword: Credible.

That is all.

+1
-5
-1

Let us make something clear: Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina was legal. So called Serb-republic is ILLEGAL (Decision of the Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina from J 47/92 October 8th 1992). The only problem here and why some thug like Dodik is coming anywhere are Bosniac political parasites who illegally stomped on our Constitution. Alija Izetbegovic did not have a mandate to sign Dayton Peace Accords' portion that deals with country;s borders. Serb and Croat occupators are scared of the Constitution of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

+1
0
-1

Sejdic and Finci vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina:

""The Constitution of Bosnia and Herzegovina (hereinafter referred to as
“the Constitution” or “the State Constitution” when it is necessary to
distinguish it from the Entity Constitutions) is an annex to the General
Framework Agreement for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina (“the Dayton
Peace Agreement”), initialled at Dayton on 21 November 1995 and signed
in Paris on 14 December 1995. Since it was part of a peace treaty, the
Constitution was drafted and adopted without the application of
procedures which could have provided democratic legitimacy. "

+1
-1
-1

The Bosniacs exagerate with the number of killed in Srebrenica and they keep rising the figure. Nobody died in the battle, nobody died of a natural cause or before the battle, no corpses were tranfered from other places to Srebrenica etc. The figure is much, much lower. And they never mention that the soldiers from Srebrenica  previously killed 3.100 Serbs in the villages around the town, which is very well documented.  Many villagers from the devasted Serb villages were part of the army which took Srebrenica. Who could prevent them to revenge! I remember the justification in a British newspaper for soldiers in the Falklands who killed war prisoners: When there is war, you have to kill. In order to be able to kill,you have to hate. When you hate, you overdo  what you are doing. I am in favour of the truth, but the truth, not of propaganda.

+1
+1
-1

my fathers family was expelled & murdered from hercegovina, my mothers was from bosnia (expelled & murdered) on both sides there were killings, but, my family were not the chosen ones to be called "people of genocide" they were only "Serbs"!!! they didnt count! lets just realize the facts, RS is real, and the Serbian people fought for it! and signed an agreement to give up their territory to end the war! what the f***, u wanted the war, not yugoslavia! bosnians didnt want to live in a multi-ethnic yugoslavia! serbs dont want to live in a multi-ethnic bosnia! whats the problem? Enjoy the federation that was "given" to you, and let the RS live in peace, the Serbs in bosnia are not asking for anything more than the bosnians asked for from Yugoslavia! give us what you wanted, or do you want to be the "bad guy" this time!" since the break up of yugoslavia, everybody had a right to seperate, why do the Serbs in kosovo, bosnia, croatia have different standards as a miniorty? lets be real people, equal rights for everyone, and im sure the kosovars, bosnians, and croats will have no problem with it, as of course they are people that respect law and democracy! right?

+1
-3
-1

Tha Muslims and  some  in the media mention that  200,000 to 250,000 people were killed in the  civil war.

I have a Un report and a three year research study that was conducted by the Sarajevo-based Research and Documentation Center  ,published in the New York Times  by Marlise Simons  (Look it up)
Total war dead was put at  97,207  people.  Of the total dead,  57,523 were directly involved in the war.   

I only wish  that they do find the  7000 bodies and that they do a DNA test.  We most likely will  hear that many of the  bodies would have been  from Afganistan, Iran, Turkey, Pakistan   etc.

Let's find the  7000 bodies first, do the DNA and then let's talk about GENOCIDE.

A  Makedonka

+1
-2
-1
pavlinanaumov posted on

Atotal of 97,207 people were killed or disappeared in the 1992-1995 war in Bosnia, according to a three-year study by the Sarajevo-based Research and Documentation Center  .  57,523 were directly involved in the war.  NY Times by Marlise Simons      Look it up Hodzic.

As to the 7000 Muslims killed in Srebrenica,  Let's  first  find the 7000 bodies.  After you find the  7000 bodies they should  do DNA on  each body.  Most likely the DNA will show that many  are from Pakistan, Afganistan, Turkey, Iran , and other Islamists who came to fight  with their brothers.

But, let us  find the bodies first.  Hodzja,  how many have they uncovered so far?

Will you just stop with all of  your propoganda,  believe me most Americans do not care and they even care less how many of your brothers  from all the Muslim countries were killed, especially  after  9/ll

You attract people like Clinton and  some journalists who  won't let go, and keep bringing Srebrenica up  over and over.  Europe is fed up with your brothers    France, germany, Switzerland, Netherlands  Spain  should  I go on and on.   Yes,  by multiplying   in great numbers as you do, you will one day take over the Christian religion in Europe  and  they are scared.

Let us all be clear about one thing and that is the Bosnian Muslims are  converts.  Most were Serbs and some were Croats.  The Turks that remained in Bosnia,  well they are  Turks  who practiced  their faith  which is Islam.

You, with a last name like Hodzic  were at one time  either a Serb or  A Croat  . Turkish names never ever end with a c, ch.
You should  go  and  look up your roots, they might  surprise you

Pavlinnaumov

+1
+1
-1