Columbia professor's research could help cure... lesbianism?

Columbia students with a penchant for outrage, fire your engines! Maria New is an endocrinologist whose work could ensure that your little girl isn't trynna mack on other little girls, and Heino Meyer-Bahlburg, a professor at the Medical Center, is helping her out! The science involved is very complicated, but what the hell, let's get mad and talk about gender roles!

Dr. New has been experimenting with the drug dexamethasone (“dex”) on pregnant women. She administers the drug to women who worry their child may have a condition known as congenital adrenal hyperplasia, or CAH, the result of which can be—err, ambiguous genitalia. As it turns out, research conducted by Meyer-Bahlburg, a professor of clinical psychology at the Medical Center, has provided the foundation for some of New's experimentation. M-B is a "longtime collaborator" with New, and his work on CAH has shown that women with CAH generally have more “masculine” qualities and prove less interested in traditional female activities.

As HuffPo's Alex Blaze rather angrily pointed out, the wording of Meyer-Bahlburg’s conclusions is laden with presumptions about gender roles. After all, doesn't a drug that can make a little girl with CAH still want to play with Barbies presume that little girls should like dolls and princesses and sugar and spice? Should science really be working to nudge people into "traditional" gender roles? Some might herald such research as progress, but to those who've worked to help others feel comfortable with and confident in their sexuality, it may feel more like a slap in the face.

MasterG posted on

How about working on a drug that would nudge more females towards careers in engineering. The percentage of women enrolled engineering across the nation is virtually unchanged in 30 years, despite increases in female enrollment in colleges and universities.

+1
0
-1
Enes posted on

Couldn t inrgoe myself, came across several fantastic bargains on a New Columbia Wader Widgeon Hunting Parka Waterproof Mens M Medium Hm7140 910, they re low priced at this web page.The finish gives it a distinct look. Located some great cheap New Columbia Omni Heat Wader Widgeon Jacket and received absolutely free delivery. I was able to save quite a bit on this page when compared to what the price was in the retail store.On this page is a fantastic deal on Columbia Mens Omni Heat Wader Widgeon Parka for my son. In addition the container is amazing.

+1
0
-1
lvwwdtvol posted on

锘緼nybody following the original China Internet boom back in 2010 might recall that Christian Louboutin Shoes ChinaCache had a hugely successful IPO that soared 100%. The 'Akamai of China' quickly collapsed on the fears of fraud that hit every Chinese stock for the next couple of years. The stock has now doubled in the last month; yet it still trades at industry low multiples by an extreme margin..

There aren many place the Shockers need it. St. Louis tops the list. Prevention: There's really nothing you can do against a Tim Hardaway. Christian Louboutin Shoes If they go one direction and you go the other to avoid them, they instinctively think YOU'RE faking, so they'll get back in your way. And you can't outfake them.

But why pay for digital if it doesn't work. That is why I am looking into Direct TV or Dish Network. Also, charter does not and probably will not carry the NFL network which is pretty important to me.. Well I am a resident of India, things are quite different here as compared to the US. I don't really have skills that I can sell Like singing, dancing etc. As here if you have to sell your skill you should be a mster in the same.

Nearly 10 months after becoming the first openly gay NBA player, Jason Collins will finally get his chance to, well, play. Eastern and thereby taking the Brooklyn Nets' top free agent option off the table, the Nets moved quickly to finalize a 10 day deal with Collins. And after USA TODAY Sports first reported Davis' intentions, the Nets confirmed the expected signing of Collins to a 10 day contract in a statement about the historic event.

To Do It: Tired come ons will fall flat. Instead, lean in unexpectedly and whisper in her ear, "I just had to be near you." Be mindful of your tone. Brash: bad. It's not often that we ask our teenagers the level Christian Louboutin Shoes of their Christian Louboutin Red Bottom Peep-toes Cheap Sale Patent High Heel self esteem. It's typically not dinner conversation. However if we are paying attention we can notice when their self esteem level is drifting, or plummeting, downward.

As recently as last month, it's been estimated that up to 30 percent of the world's computers are still running Windows XP. We are talking about an operating system that is 12 years old at this point. A lot of people are comfortable with Windows XP.

Oh please. One of them ATTACKED the other and people have become so irrational in hating Nancy that they somehow think we need to be and judge the victim on the same level as the attacker. She kind of a bitch, so it not like it was totally undeserved.

Here's a tip: The real players in this lifestyle that are single males generally do not travel in packs, and will always give a couple a chance to sit down and relax before approaching them. Don't ask me why the cops have to be so dramatic, like this is a drug bust or something. We aren't armed.

+1
0
-1